AT&T announced today that it will begin rolling out its highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S3 Premium Suite update today, an update that includes a number of enhancements including the Multi-Window View feature and new options for the device’s camera application.
While other carriers have already pushed out their Samsung Galaxy S3 “Premium Suite” updates, AT&T lagged behind, while also refusing to issue any time frame for impatient owners of the aging flagship. Today though, AT&T finally has caught up to the pack, by announcing the Galaxy S3’s update which will start rolling out to owners today.
The company has confirmed the update through its website and says that the update will be rolling out to owners Over-the-Air starting today and that owners will receive a prompt when the update is available. The update requires a Wi-Fi connection which means that AT&T Galaxy S3 owners may have to wait until they return home before updating.
The update will be Android 4.1.2, build JZO54K.I747UCDMG2, and it will come with an assortment of new features for Galaxy S3 owners. AT&T says that the update contains:
- Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
- Auto Share Shot with NFC: By setting the camera to “Auto Share Shot” mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
- Camera features: Paper artist and best face options.
- AT&T apps: AT&T services, Drive Mode, AT&T Locker; Family Map, Live TV, and SmartWifi have been loaded.
- Other enhancements: Includes calendar, SD Card, and S-Voice enhancements.
The carrier also recommends backing up files in the event that something gets fouled up during the update process.
This update may not be the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean or Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update that AT&T Galaxy S3 owners are after, but it’s certainly good enough to hold owners over until those updates arrive.
Samsung has seemingly cancelled Android 4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2, so it’s possible that Galaxy S3 owners may be facing a long wait for a new update if Samsung decides to skip right to Android 4.3 on it as well.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out to some devices and new info starting to emerge, we want to...
Best Smart Home Gifts for Your Parents in 2020
Smart home upgrades make the perfect gift for your parents this year. Whether it is a birthday gift or anniversary...