If you use a Dexcom device for continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) you can use the Dexcom Share app to monitor your own glucose levels on your iPhone. You can also use the Dexcom Follow App to monitor glucose levels of someone else, like a child, parent or spouse.
The app you need to use depends on the Dexcom CGM that you use, so you need to make sure to download the right version of the Share app. There are Share, Share2 and the Dexcom G5 Mobile app.
There are Dexcom Share Apple Watch apps as well, which allow you to see the important glucose data at a glance. The app supports.
- Glucose alerts right on your smart device
- Custom alert sounds
- Dexcom Share remote™ monitoring, which allows you to share your glucose data for free with up to five followers
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- HealthKit access so you can share retrospective glucose data with third party apps
- Today View widget, which allows you to view your glucose data on the lock screen of your smart device
You need an iPhone to use the Share apps, but there is a Follow App for the iPhone and for Android as well. This is the app that you can use to monitor the levels of someone else.