Facebook has rolled out an app update to access its social networking service on the Android platform, which can be downloaded or upgraded for free through Google’s Android Market. Though the update improves the experience of using the app on Android smartphones, the experience still trails that of Facebook for iOS on the iPhone.
For Android users, here’s what Facebook has done to improve the app:
- Made it easier to share with who you want
- Improved the sharing tool to add privacy controls on posts and match your settings on the web site
- Added the ability to tag friends and places in posts
- Added new design for Profile and Group Walls
- Fixes and tweaks:
- Improved photo browsing with swiping
- Added the ability to tag your friends in photos
- Improved Messages and Notifications
- Fixed a number of crashes and performance issues
You can head on over to Android Market to download the latest version.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.