Samsung is bundling a collection of free Samsung Galaxy S5 features, apps and services with the smartphone which offer users over $500 in value when they buy the phone in April.
So far there is no sign of a $50 Google Play credit like Galaxy Note 3 owners found last year, but there are a number of freebies that may make the Galaxy S5 price easier to handle.
Given the fitness focus of the Galaxy S5, it’s no surprise that many of these free apps are aimed at helping users get fit or live healthy, but that’s not all. There are a collection of games, productivity apps and even a six month subscription to the The Wall Street Journal.
Here’s a look at what users get with the Samsung Galaxy S5, free from Samsung.
- Run keeper – Fitness Tracker – 1 year premium
- Lark – Wellness Assistant – 1 year premium
- Skimble – Workout Trainer – 6 months premium
- Map My Fitness – Track fitness – 6 months premium
- Wall Street Journal – Subscription – 6 months
- Bloomberg Businessweek – Subscription – 1 year
- PayPal – Shopping Service – $50 in savings
- LinkedIN – Networking – 3 months premium
- EasilyDo Pro – Time Management – Free App
- Blurb – Photo Book Creation – $5 off
- Cut the Rope 2 – Game – Free App
- Flick Dat – Contact Sharing – Free App
- Box – Storage – 50GB free for 6 months
- Bitcasa – Storage – 1TB free for 3 months
- Evernote – Note Keeping Tool – 3 months premium
These free Galaxy S5 apps, subscriptions and services will allow users to try out many different options to enhance the Galaxy S5. The total value of these free items is over $500, which is a nice touch for a phone that will likely cost $199 to $249 on a two-year contract or $620 to $650 off contract.
This Galaxy S5 deal could get even better when we start to see the Galaxy S5 price drop at third parties like Amazon or Walmart which often drop the price of new phones by $15 to $50 in the first several months and weeks.
Samsung did not mention the free Galaxy S5 apps and services during the event last month, just like the company did not announce the Galaxy S5 release date for each U.S. carrier or the Galaxy S5 price. The company did announce a Galaxy S5 release on April 11th, but U.S. carriers are not confirming the date yet.
Samsung is counting on more than free subscriptions and apps to sell the Galaxy S5. Users get a 5.1-inch 1080P HD display, a 16MP camera with faster focusing and the ability to pick a point of focus as well as a water-resistant design that can keep the phone safe in 1M of water for up to 30 minutes without the need for a case.
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...
3 Reasons Not to Install watchOS 5.1.2 & 9 Reasons You Should
The watchOS 5.1.2 update brings a massive new feature to the Apple Watch with ECG support and a collection of...