The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat update is finally rolling out to users today which means that the Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat update is officially last in the United States, something that probably comes as no surprise to those who own the 5.7-inch smartphone on Verizon’s network.
Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat update has, along with the Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update, been rolling out at an incredible pace. We’ve seen it hit a great number of devices around the world including variants in the United States. Sprint, T-Mobile and U.S. Cellular deployed their updates weeks ago leaving AT&T and Verizon as the only carriers without an Android 4.4 KitKat release.
Today, AT&T finally started rolling out its Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat update which means that Verizon is officially last to the Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 update in the United States.
AT&T announced the update a short time ago and we’ve heard from several people who have received a massive update from AT&T today. The update is over 500MB which means that it will take some time to download and install but once it’s on board, it will finally bring the Galaxy Note 3 up from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
In addition to features from Google, the Android 4.4 KitKat delivers the much needed fix for the GPS issues that have been plaguing AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners since the end of last year. AT&T confirms it in the change log for the update:
- Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.
AT&T’s Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat update is the fourth update to land in the United States but it will not be the last. Verizon, a carrier that is typically last to major Android updates, is going to be last once again.
Verizon has yet to roll out the Galaxy Note 3 or Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat updates despite the fact that its rivals have all pushed the two updates to their users. Gotta Be Mobile has heard that the Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update is, at the very least, in internal testing at Verizon though that doesn’t mean that a release is imminent.
Up next in the United States should be the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4 KitKat updates, both of which have been confirmed by Sprint and Samsung USA. Carriers outside of Sprint remain silent but if Sprint is getting the updates, there is a good chance that other U.S. carriers will as well.
Thanks Jon, Eric and everyone else that sent this in!
15 Cool Things AirPods Can Do
Here’s a look at the cool things the AirPods can do. We’re going to help you learn about all the AirPods...
Which HP Spectre x360 to Buy
The HP Spectre x360 is one of the best HP laptops that you can buy, but it can be tough to...