Gingerbread for U.S. Cellular’s HTC Merge isn’t the only Gingerbread update that has become available today. Not to be outdone, Sprint has unleashed the Android 2.3 update for the LG Optimus S and it will begin to roll out today and all of you with the smartphone will see the update arrive at some point in the next 10 days, the duration of the OTA roll out.
Sprint shared the news on its forums and it also outlined what Optimus S owners are going to see when the update arrives. The list is pretty extensive and should make the phone a lot better than it already is.
I’m a big fan of the Optimus One line.
So here’s what’s new:
– Volume adjustment from handset when backlight is off and in a Bluetooth call
– Initiation of a 3-way call in certain markets
– Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
– Updated color scheme (includesdarker notification bar and black-based menus)
– New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a smart auto-correction function)
– Improved cut-paste functionality
– New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files
– Updated camera application
– Power management and task killer applications
See what I mean? Extensive. So if you own a Sprint Optimus S, keep an eye out for the update, it should arrive before too long.
Via: Android Central