Last week, Verizon finally rolled out the Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX Ice Cream Sandwich updates. However, many users have been complaining about issues with the software. Well, we have a quick fix that might clear up some of those issues that Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX owners have been having with Android 4.0.
We have received a tip from a source who says that the Ice Cream Sandwich update that Motorola and Verizon pushed does not wipe the cache of both devices.
Wiping the cache is something that is required to help keep applications and tasks stable. It’s also probably the reason many of Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX owners have been complaining about crashes and the devices seemingly taking on minds of their own.
It’s also a requirement for rooted users when moving from ROMs.
Here are step by step instructions on how to wipe the cache of both devices clean, a move that should return the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX to normal.
1) Press and hold the Power button and turn the phone off.
2) When the screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Volume Up and Power.
3) When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
4) Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
5) When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
6) Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
7) Select “Reboot system now.”
After following these steps, Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX owners should see the experience on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich improve dramatically and make the wait for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean a much more pleasant one.
Let us know if this fixes the issues that many of you Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX owners have been having with the new update.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out to some devices and new info starting to emerge, we want to...
Best Smart Home Gifts for Your Parents in 2020
Smart home upgrades make the perfect gift for your parents this year. Whether it is a birthday gift or anniversary...