Here’s how you can be one of the first people to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. This weekend, August 23rd, there is a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Alpha for the PS4. The Modern Warfare Alpha is out now on PS4.
This special early access allows you to try the new 2v2 Gunfight Mode nearly a month before the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta starts on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
This is what you need to know about the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha and how you can play it.
When is the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Alpha?
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Alpha is one weekend only on the PS4. Sony and Activision launched the game early, and you can click here to start the download to your PS4.
What’s in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Alpha?
This alpha is for the Gunfight mode only. This is a new 2v2 game mode where you take on another team and the first to win five rounds wins the match. You can see this in action in the video below.
You get to experience five maps during the Alpha, and you can use a range of loadouts. The maps include;
You’ll start with a random loadout, so it adds a mix to the game and will take you out of your element.
Who Can Play the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Alpha?
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Alpha is open to any gamer with a PS4. It is not available on Xbox One or PC at all.
This is an open Alpha, that any PS4 or PS4 Pro users can play.
How to Download the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Alpha
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Alpha is 18.47GB and is live now in the PlayStation Store. You can click this link to find it, or search for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – 2v2 Alpha on your PS4.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Gunfight Tips & Tricks
This new game mode will take some skill to adapt to. The PlayStation Blog offers up the following tips and tricks to make the most of this limited gameplay.
- Study Your Loadout – Your primary weapon is obvious, but look deeper to your sidearm, grenade, and gear. Sometimes your pistol will offer better range that the shotgun you spawned with. Don’t mistake your smoke grenade for a flash bang in the heat of the moment. Mind the details!
- Listen Carefully – Modern Warfare’s multiplayer removes the mini–map by default. Keep your ears peeled for the crunch of enemy footsteps and other positional cues. Keep your head on a swivel. Headphones make a big difference, too.
- Pulling Overtime – An Overtime Flag appears if opposing players are still standing after 40 seconds. First team to secure the central flag wins the round.
- Be Unpredictable – Both teams start with sniper rifles and pistols? Take advantage of your enemies’ tunnel vision by storming the map, chucking a grenade, and brandishing that sidearm. Wildcard strategies make you harder to predict.
- Move Together – Generally goes without saying, but teams that move together live longer. This forces your enemies to think a second longer before engaging. Also, if you die via a surprise attack, your surviving ally has a chance to avenge your death and with the round.
- Embrace Discovery – Gunfight Mode is a brilliant way to get trigger time with a diverse set of weapons. Who knows – maybe the random loadouts will lead you to fall in love with a new approach to combat to take into Team Deathmatch and other Multiplayer modes.
- In the visceral and dramatic single-player story campaign, the stakes have never been higher as players take on the role of lethal Tier One operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power.
- Experience the ultimate online playground with classic multiplayer.
- Squad-up and play cooperatively in a collection of elite operations accessible to all skill levels.
Last update on 2019-07-24. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
5 Things to Know about the watchOS 6 Update
The watchOS 6 update is coming to your Apple Watch today. This free update for the Apple Watch brings a...
5 Reasons to Buy the Apple Watch 5 & 4 Reasons Not To
There are great reasons to pre-order the Apple Watch 5 right now, but there are also important reasons to wait...