It’s not everyday that a manufacturer jumps the gun and posts official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich info on its website but that’s exactly what HTC has done with the HTC Rezound which means that an Ice Cream Sandwich release date might just be right around the corner.
Droid-Life spotted the listing on HTC’s website which plainly stated that HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich update was available and ready to download. This was just a short time ago.
The company has since taken down the listing and reverted the page back to its previous incarnation which doesn’t list Ice Cream Sandwich for the Rezound anywhere.
HTC’s original listing not only listed the update but it also listed the entire changelog for the update. Besides Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich’s features, it will be coming with a host of fixes and enhancements that should make the experience on the device an even better one.
Here is the full rundown:
This software update (Software Number: 3.14.605.10 710RD; Baseband Version:1.22.10.0421r, 1.22.10.0424r) is now available for your HTC Rezound. It will update your device to the Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System (OS) and provide several enhancements, fixes and features, including:
Applications & Widgets
- V CAST Media Manager has been updated to Backup Assistant Plus with an enhanced user experience.
- Caller Name ID application has been updated and added to All Apps.
- Time zone issues have been resolved within the Clock widget.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Cisco AnyConnect support has been added to improve VPN functionality.
- Improved data connectivity for a better user experience.
- Improve device stability minimizes the number of resets.
- Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Improvements to default mail application now displays all Yahoo! mail contents properly
The process is also going to take around 70 minutes to complete. After the software is installed, the HTC Rezound should be a new and improved smartphone.
Problem is, we still don’t know when HTC and Verizon plan on rolling the update out. We think this is a good indication that something good is on the way, we just can’t say when Ice Cream Sandwich is going to arrive exactly.
Hopefully we know more soon.
MacBook Pro 16 Keyboard: 5 Things You Need to Know
Apple finally fixed the MacBook Pro keyboard with the 2019 MacBook Pro 16-inch model. This is what you need to...
4 Reasons Not to Install iOS 13.2.2 & 11 Reasons You Should
The iOS 13.2.2 update is a small maintenance release, but it could have a huge impact on your iPhone’s performance. While some...