HTC has once again posted the HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich update details on its website which could be a sign that the roll out is close.
The manufacturer has already announced that the software will be rolling out by the end of July and the fact that the software details have appeared on the company’s website again seems to signal that something is in the works.
The posting was first noticed by Droid-Life who notes that the listing still has the original June 20th date attached to it.
HTC’s last accidental posting was back on June 20th and the information here appears to be the same as the information that it leaked to the surface last month.
HTC Rezound owners should expect, at least, these changes to roll out with the software:
Applications & Widgets
- V CAST Media Manager has been updated to Backup Assistant Plus with an enhanced user experience.
- Caller Name ID application has been updated and added to All Apps.
- Time zone issues have been resolved within the Clock widget.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Cisco AnyConnect support has been added to improve VPN functionality.
- Improved data connectivity for a better user experience.
- Improve device stability minimizes the number of resets.
- Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Improvements to default mail application now displays all Yahoo! mail contents properly
The appearance of the HTC Rezound update on HTC’s site comes shortly after an HTC rep claimed that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update would be out before the end of July with the roll out continuing into August.
HTC earlier had promised that it would arrive in either June or July and it would appear that the company, and Verizon, might keep that promise.
We’ll be on the look out and let’s hope that the long wait for ICS ends soon.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.