A short time ago, we learned that the HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich update release date was close and now it would appear that we’re closer than ever as Verizon has apparently approved the update for roll out and it’s now waiting in the queue.
Droid-Life posted a photo of a confidential Verizon document that states that the HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich update, which is 292MB in size, is in the roll out queue. This should mean that a widespread roll out of the software is close, though, no specific roll out date is listed.
Verizon still has the roll out date and availability listed as ‘To Be Determined’ and because this covers the week of July 24th, it’s possible that we won’t see the upgrade arrive until next week or later.
The Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX ICS update roll outs are listed as being 71% complete so Verizon is likely waiting for those to hit 100% before it rolls out the Rezound ICS update.
Whatever the case may be, it would appear that the update is closer than ever to rolling out. Remember, an HTC rep has already claimed that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update would be out before the end of July with the roll out continuing into August. HTC itself has said that the HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich would arrive in either June or July.
The update has already made two appearances on HTC’s website as well, most recently last week.
That being said, we can’t imagine that HTC Rezound owners have too much longer to wait for the sweet taste of Ice Cream Sandwich. As a reminder, here are some of the features and enhancements coming with the update.
Applications & Widgets
- V CAST Media Manager has been updated to Backup Assistant Plus with an enhanced user experience.
- Caller Name ID application has been updated and added to All Apps.
- Time zone issues have been resolved within the Clock widget.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Cisco AnyConnect support has been added to improve VPN functionality.
- Improved data connectivity for a better user experience.
- Improve device stability minimizes the number of resets.
- Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Improvements to default mail application now displays all Yahoo! mail contents properly
We’ll let you know when we hear about a specific date.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.