If you’ve been waiting for the HTC Status (aka HTC ChaCha) Facebook phone to arrive on AT&T, you’ll be happy to know that the carrier just announced that it will be landing on July 17th and that pre-orders for the device begin today.
We had heard that the HTC Status would be coming this summer and more specifically in July and that is exactly what AT&T has announced today. The phone is going to be extremely affordable when it arrives on the 17th, costing a mere $50 on-contract. And while it will initially come in the white color that you see here, Best Buy will apparently be getting a special purple color at some point in the future.
Just to recap, the HTC Status totes a 2.6-inch touch screen with 480 x 320 resolution, 512 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM, a MSM7227, 800 MHz processor, 5 MP main camera with autofocus, VGA front-facing camera, as well as Android 2.3 Gingerbread with HTC Sense.
It also has a unique physical Facebook button that allow you to
- Post instantly on your wall or a friend’s wall by pressing the Facebook share button from your home screen.
- Take a picture or shoot a video and share it instantly with a press of the Facebook share button. You can also post multiple pictures at one time and label and tag them before posting. Or even post photos automatically as you’re taking them.
- Check in to Facebook Places by pressing and holding the Facebook share button from the home screen.
- Share something cool on the Web with a quick press of the Facebook share button and be the first with the news.
- Let your friends in on the music you love with the push of a button by pressing the Facebook share button to post the song title and other details.
Any social media addicts going to take the plunge on July 17th?
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...