Verizon originally announced that the OTA update would begin to roll out starting May 4th, however soon after, the carrier delayed it and put up a ‘Coming Soon’ message on the HTC ThunderBolt update support page.
HTC ThunderBolt owners will want to manually check for the update today and select Settings > Software > Check New. You should see a prompt that will allow you to install a 35MB file that should only take a few minutes to get up and running.
As a reminder, here is what the ThunderBolt update brings to the table:
- Enhance data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application (Inbox, Sent, etc.)
- Timing for device activation has been improved
- “Backup Assistant” is correctly displayed in the Application menu.
- Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more.
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget.
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator.
Anyone out there got this up and running? How is 3G?
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out and new info starting to emerge, we want to take you...
10 Cool Things the Pixel 4a Can do
What can the Pixel 4a do? You might think that a $349 phone cuts a lot of corners, or that...