Verizon originally announced that the OTA update would begin to roll out starting May 4th, however soon after, the carrier delayed it and put up a ‘Coming Soon’ message on the HTC ThunderBolt update support page.
HTC ThunderBolt owners will want to manually check for the update today and select Settings > Software > Check New. You should see a prompt that will allow you to install a 35MB file that should only take a few minutes to get up and running.
As a reminder, here is what the ThunderBolt update brings to the table:
- Enhance data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application (Inbox, Sent, etc.)
- Timing for device activation has been improved
- “Backup Assistant” is correctly displayed in the Application menu.
- Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more.
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget.
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator.
Anyone out there got this up and running? How is 3G?
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...