A new leaked Samsung product roadmap may have revealed a Nexus Prime, along with several other noteworthy Android smartphones, and specs of the Android Ice Cream Sandwich bearing Google phone. According to GSM Arena, an Ice Cream Sandwich-packing Nexus Prime should launch on week 48 of 2011, with a rather large 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD Plus display. Here are the leaked specs for the device:
4.65″ SuperAMOLED of HD resolution (1280×720 pixels), Android Ice Cream sandwich, 5 MP camera.
We’ve been hearing a lot of rumors out of the Samsung camp recently, including a leaked teaser video for the IFA trade show in Germany, along with a possible October launch date for Ice Cream Sandwich, which would squarely put Android’s next generation operating system against the launch of Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 Mango devices and Apple’s iPhone 5 with iOS 5. As Ice Cream Sandwich is supposed to unite smartphone and Honeycomb tablet OSes into one, there has been a lot of excitement behind this OS.
Additionally, at the same time–week 48–as the Nexus Prime launch, it appears that a device with a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED display will also launch, possibly being the recently leaked Samsung Celox, which would come with 4G LTE.
There’s also mention of a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED HD display device as well, which would launch with Gingerbread, dual-core 1.4 GHz CPU, and an 8-megapixel rear camera. That device will be coming in week 43, ahead of the launch of the Nexus Prime. The leaked roadmap also points to other Samsung devices, including a 7-inch Galaxy Tab with the same 1024 X 600 resolution as the Tab that was launched in the same display size as before, but would be utilize Super AMOLED display technology. The new device would come in WiFi-only version and one with built-in mobile broadband and will come with Android Honeycomb, presumably Android 3.2.
Here’s the full leak:
- Samsung I9250 (W48) – 4.65″ SuperAMOLED of HD resolution (1280×720 pixels), Android Ice Cream sandwich, 5 MP camera.
- The Samsung I9220 (W43) – 4.3-inch Super AMOLED of HD resolution (1280×720 pixels), Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, 1.4 Ghz dual-core processor, 8-megapixel camera.
- The Samsung I9210 (W48) – 4.5″ WVGA SuperAMOLED, Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, 4G connectivity, 16 GB of memory, 8-megapixel camera with LED flash, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, 1750 mAh battery.
- The Samsung I8150 (W40) – 3.7″ WVGA LCD, Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, 1.4GHz processor, HSDPA, 4GB of memory, microSD support, 5 megapixel camera with 720p video recording, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi, DLNA, GPS and FM radio.
- Samsung B5510 (W41) – 2.8″ display, Android 2.2.2 Froyo, 800MHz processor, QWERTY keyboard, 3 megapixel camera, FM radio, WiFi.
- Samsung S5610 (W42) – 2.4″ QVGA display, Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, 5 megapixel camera, 150 MB storage, HSDPA.
- The Samsung GT-S5360 (W42) – 3″ QVGA screen, Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, 2 megapixel camera.
- Samsung P6200 (W44) – 7″ Super AMOLED of SVGA resolution (1024 x 600 pixels), Android Honeycomb, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, 3 megapixel and 2 megapixel cameras.
- Samsung P6210 (W44) – Wi-Fi-only version of the P6200.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.