Motorola Droid X owners may have thought that Verizon had forgotten about them. Not the case at all. Today, the carrier has begun rolling out a massive bug fix update for its aging 3G smartphone that will be bring a number of fixes and enhancements along with it. Exciting stuff, especially when you consider the fact that the Droid X came out in July of 2010.
Of course, Droid X owners would have loved for this to be the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich that may or may not end up rolling out but hey, at this point, you have to take what you can get.
So, with that, let’s run down what Verizon has in-store for Droid X owners.
Here is the full rundown:
Over the Air Updates
- Prevents lockups or resets after the Over the Air (OTA) update.
- OTA update notice screen displays the correct estimated update time.
- Improved browser security with the Google Security Patch from Android 2.3.6.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
- Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
- Reduced Out of Memory errors.
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Improved stability of Music Player reduces resets.
- Shortcuts to applications remain on the device even after applications are moved to the SD card.
Email, Messaging, & Data
- Improved connectivity with 3G Mobile Hotspot data connectivity.
- Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
- Corrected errors where Yahoo! mail notifications were not displayed properly.
- Reduced duplicate message errors.
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Sorted contact groups.
- Device recognizes Multimedia ringtones after purchase.
- Button background lighting turns off while in the desktop cradle.
Not too shabby, right?
The big things here are obviously the improved 3G mobile hotspot connectivity – it has never been the greatest so hopefully this changes that, the improved stability of the Music player, and the resolution of a number of other things that should have been fixed a long time ago.
For those still rocking the original, you’ll want to head to your Settings to see if the update is available. If it’s not, do not panic. Just remain calm and the software should arrive on your phone shortly.
13 Exciting 2021 Bronco Features
After years of waiting, the 2021 Ford Bronco reveal is here and we’ve been able to dive into the most...
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out and new info starting to emerge, we want to take you...