Today at their press event in New York City, Sprint and Motorola announced the Motorola Photon 4G which is a dual-core smartphone with international GSM capabilities.
We had expected the companies to launch Motorola’s first 4G phone with Sprint and sure enough, Sprint’s Dan Hesse and Motorola’s Sanjay Jha took the stage and unveiled it. to the world. Here is the spec sheet for Motorola’s 4G device:
- Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor and 1GB of RAM
- Large 4.3-inch touchscreen with qHD (Quarter High Definition) display
- Dual cameras – 8 megapixel, dual-LED flash camera with front-facing webcam to store photos and videos directly on the device and VGA front-facing camera for video chat
- Android Market™ for access to more than 200,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
- Sprint ID for an easy way to personalize the user experience with apps, widgets, ringtones and more, all in a single download
- 16GB of onboard memory, support for up to 32GB SD Card, for a total of up to 48GB
- Worldphone capabilities to access emails, calendars and news from locations around the globe
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to eight devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G networks and one while roaming internationally on GSM (Mobile Hotspot capability while roaming internationally on GSM will be delivered through an upcoming software update)
- Ability to utilize the webtop application while connected to a Motorola accessory dock (sold separately) to open, view, edit and send Microsoft Office documents using cloud-based web apps through the full Mozilla Firefox browser
- Supports critical IT device policies commonly requested by enterprises and government entities, including integration ease, cost-of-management and data security concerns
Highlights are obviously the Tegra 2 dual-core processor and the 1GB of RAM and it’s also going to be a worldphone like we said before which makes an incredibly attractive device for those that want a speedy phone and one that will work around the world.
Unfortunately, like most of these announcements, Sprint and Motorola didn’t say how much the Photon 4G would cost when it arrived or, worse yet, when it would arrive. They only said that it would be out sometime this summer.
10 Best Surface Pro Alternatives in 2019
There are Surface Pro alternatives that offer lower prices, more battery life, more storage and include the accessories you need...
5 Reasons to Pre-Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & 3 Reasons Not To
Should you pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? We can help you decide if you should pre-order Call of Duty...