We had a feeling some new Motorola Xoom models were on their way and sure enough, one of them has popped up today. It’s just not a Motorola Xoom 2 model. Motorola and Best Buy have announced a tablet called the Motorola Xoom Family Edition, an exclusive to the retailer, and it’s going to be headed to stores on October 16th – two days from now, and it’s going to be on sale for a fairly inexpensive $379.
So, why is it called family edition? Simple. It has a bunch of pre-loaded software on board that is not only aimed at children but aimed at Mom and Dad as well.
Here’s a look at the software and the hardware that will be on board when it arrives:
· Runs on Android 3.1, built specifically for tablets
· 1GHz dual-core processor for lightning-fast responsiveness
· 10.1″ HS IPS HD screen display with capacitive multi-touch
· 5MP back camera with flash, with 720p video webcam
· Preloaded with almost $40 worth of applications, plus Zoodles(TM), the award-winning Kid Mode application
· Preloaded with MotoPack by Motorola XOOM (App Downloader by Motorola)
· Preloaded with Quickoffice(TM) Pro HD for seamless productivity at work
· Preloaded with MotoPrint – the application that allows you to print straight from the Web browser
· Preloaded with fun games like Asphalt 6 from Gameloft and SIM City Deluxe
· 16GB built-in memory
· Battery lasts up to 10 hours for video playback and Web browsing
· Access to more than 250,000 apps in Android Market
That price, $379, is a limited time offer so it’s going to jump after awhile. When?
That probably depends on how well it sells.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.