We had a feeling some new Motorola Xoom models were on their way and sure enough, one of them has popped up today. It’s just not a Motorola Xoom 2 model. Motorola and Best Buy have announced a tablet called the Motorola Xoom Family Edition, an exclusive to the retailer, and it’s going to be headed to stores on October 16th – two days from now, and it’s going to be on sale for a fairly inexpensive $379.
So, why is it called family edition? Simple. It has a bunch of pre-loaded software on board that is not only aimed at children but aimed at Mom and Dad as well.
Here’s a look at the software and the hardware that will be on board when it arrives:
· Runs on Android 3.1, built specifically for tablets
· 1GHz dual-core processor for lightning-fast responsiveness
· 10.1″ HS IPS HD screen display with capacitive multi-touch
· 5MP back camera with flash, with 720p video webcam
· Preloaded with almost $40 worth of applications, plus Zoodles(TM), the award-winning Kid Mode application
· Preloaded with MotoPack by Motorola XOOM (App Downloader by Motorola)
· Preloaded with Quickoffice(TM) Pro HD for seamless productivity at work
· Preloaded with MotoPrint – the application that allows you to print straight from the Web browser
· Preloaded with fun games like Asphalt 6 from Gameloft and SIM City Deluxe
· 16GB built-in memory
· Battery lasts up to 10 hours for video playback and Web browsing
· Access to more than 250,000 apps in Android Market
That price, $379, is a limited time offer so it’s going to jump after awhile. When?
That probably depends on how well it sells.
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...
3 Reasons Not to Install watchOS 5.1.2 & 9 Reasons You Should
The watchOS 5.1.2 update brings a massive new feature to the Apple Watch with ECG support and a collection of...