Motorola may have told Xoom Wi-Fi owners yesterday that the Android 3.1 Honeycomb update would start rolling out in the ‘next several weeks’, but in a strange turn of events, it appears that the update has already begun to roll out.
A bunch of evidence from Wi-Fi Xoom owners has surfaced over at Droid-Life and it appears that the Android 3.1 update is rolling out in a full-fledged OTA. This is definitely a pleasant surprise for Wi-Fi Xoom owners who may have felt left out after hearing the Android 3.1 announcement at Google I/O.
* Support for the new Android Market movie rentals service with thousands of titles available for immediate viewing on the Motorola XOOM’s high-resolution display or on a larger screen via HDMI
* Full support for the final release of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2, delivering significant performance enhancements when viewing rich Flash content on the web
* Resizable widgets to enable further customization of home screens
* Support for USB-connected peripherals and accessories, such as keyboards, mice, game controllers and digital cameras
* Expanded Bluetooth features to support Bluetooth headsets in Google Talk™ video chats and Bluetooth mouse support in addition to additional shortcut keys with the Bluetooth keyboard
* Picture Transfer Protocol Feature support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC without the need for drivers
So, if you own a Xoom Wi-Fi, have a peek at your device and see if something has popped up. Anyone out there seeing it?
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...