There is a new Call of Duty: Black Ops update for PS4 and Xbox One that adds public leaderboards, fixes bugs and hopefully solves a lot of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 problems that gamers ran into over the last week and a half.
Right before the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Double XP weekend started Treyarch released the new Black Ops 3 update that patches the game up to version 1.03 on Xbox One and PS4.
Although the game is fairly new, this update includes a variety of changes and fixes. We are waiting for a full breakdown of the November Black Ops 3 patch notes, to see everything that is new, but we do know that this will deliver Leaderboard and it should roll up the changes from hotfixes.
The next time you log in to play Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on PS4 or Xbox One you should get a notification to install the Black Ops 3 update on your console. Depending on your settings this may already be installed on your PS4 or Xbox One when you wake it from sleep to play.
The Xbox One Black Ops 3 update is 896MB in size and the PS4 Black Ops 3 update is 600MB in size. The actual size of your update may vary depending on the other updates you installed previously.
You will need to install the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 update 1.03 to play the game online, and it is mandatory for the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Double XP weekend that started a few minutes after the patch rolled out.
Based on the earlier statements from David Vonderhaar, Studio Design Director at Treyarch, this update will combine the hotfixes that arrived over the last week. That includes weapons changes that were already in play and other changes to gameplay modes and spawns.
Here is a list of what’s new in the November Black Ops 3 update to 1.03 on Xbox One and PS4.
- Leaderboards enabled in the Barracks.
- Players are now awarded Cryptokeys in Arena and Public matches, after playing consecutive matches in the same playlist.
- Team balancing in Arena and Public Matches has been improved to more consistently maintain even teams.
- Fixed a UI error when entering Prestige in the Multiplayer Frontend menus.
- Addressed a UI error in Fileshare when selecting an empty tab.
- Addressed an issue where hosts were able to leave as soon as the game began.
- Fixed an issue where white boxes were appearing for Custom Classes in Create-A-Class.
- Addressed a case where Scorestreak kills were counting toward Specialist kills for Challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue where Players could have attachments which should be locked after prestiging weapons.
- Players are now prevented from spawning at the same spawn point when there are high Player counts in Free-For-All and Gun Game.
- Addressed a case where Players were able to spawn in after the match time expired.
- Search & Destroy kill elimination has been changed from 250 XP to 500 XP.
- The Cerebus Scorestreak can no longer be destroyed by a friendly teammate’s Power Core Scorestreak.
- The Mothership Scorestreak will no longer count toward the “Hard Counter” challenge.
- • Fixed an issue where Players were randomly receiving online error messages while in matches or in menus.
- Specialist Weapons and Abilities now charge at a reduced rate over time in Objective modes.
- Corrected text descriptions for Specialist weapon multi-kills which unlock Specialist Epic.
- Vision Pulse ability recharge speed has been slightly reduced.
- Fixed an issue with the unlock requirements for the 9th helmet.
- Rejack ability recharge speed has been slightly increased.
- H.I.V.E. trigger radius slightly reduced.
- Scythe has had its ammo reduced from 200 to 160.
- Heat Wave ability recharge speed has been slightly increased.
- Longshot distance settings updated for each weapon class.
- Fixed an issue where some damage from shotguns was getting reduced when the Long Barrel attachment was equipped.
- Fixed Launchers not earning weapon XP for destroying vehicles.
- Quickdraw ADS speed bonus for LMG’s slightly reduced.
- Submachine Guns
- ADS time slightly increased to match other SMG’s.
- Hip fire spread slightly increased to match other SMG’s.
- Close damage range slightly reduced.
- Damage range increased.
- Assault Rifles
- Fixed the ADS view for the ironsights, when a Clan Tag or Kill Counter is attached to the weapon.
- Hip fire spread increased to match other Assault Rifles.
- Minor tweak to the fire rate.
- Increased ability to control recoil.
- Fixed an animation issue when the weapon had the Varix 3 Optic and Suppressor attached.
- Fire rate increased.
- Fixed an issue with the ironsights when the Kill Counter was attached.
- Increased lethal range.
- Haymaker 12
- Fire rate and damage range slightly reduced.
- ADS time increased.
- Close range damage increased.
- Light Machine Guns
- ADS speed slightly reduced.
- Increased ability to control recoil.
- Clip size reduced from 50 to 40.
- ADS time has been slowed down.
- No longer deals extra damage to vehicles without FMJ.
- Increased recoil.
- Increased hip-fire spread.
- 48 Dredge
- Fixed magazine count on Extended Mag. This was previously ending on 1 bullet, then playing a 6-round burst audio when the last bullet was fired.
- Slightly increased the ADS time.
- L-CAR 9
- Close damage range slightly reduced.
- L-CAR 9
- Damage rate reduced. Now takes longer to be killed by Thermite.
- Players now prevented from joining a post-match lobby.
- All banned items are now correctly being restricted while in-game.
- Addressed issues with Hard Counter, Actionable Intel, Ante Up, Fast Earner, Bypassed Security, Hard Counter,Destroyer, Defender, Assault, Steady Aim, and Focused Challenges. These should now unlock and track progress correctly.
- Medals will all display in their respective sorted category in the Medals section of the Barracks.
- Fixed issues for the Tag and Bag, Surprise Attack, GI Unit Kill, and Silent Killer Medals not populating in the Barracks.
- Fixed issues with the You’re Done and Shut Down medals. These will now be awarded correctly.
- The extraneous Secure Point Medal displayed in the Medals section has been removed.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to mantle into an unintended area of one of the buildings.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to mantle into an unplayable space in Fringe.
- Addressed an exploit spot involving a wall of one of the buildings.
- Improved Cerebus Scorestreak’s pathing on the 2nd floor of the houses.
- Addressed an issue where Players were able to stand outside of the map boundaries.
- Players are no longer able to shoot through a wall on the 2nd floor of one of the buildings.
- Fixed an exploit where users were able to stand on a ledge under one of the 2nd floor windows.
- Players can no longer wedge themselves in between a tower and one of the high walls.
- Fixed an issue with dead player models outside the white fenced area.
- The Safeguard robot will no longer get stuck outside the North Garage, when attempting to path toward the North Goal.
- Fixed 2 exploits where the player could see into the spawns, as well as shoot players through glass.
- Fixed an issue with max number of bots during Free-For-All or Team Deathmatch.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies Fixes
- Addressed exploits in the Shadows of Evil and The Giant maps.
- Fixed a matchmaking issue where players were able to enter lobbies when they were already full.
- Addressed various areas where zombies would not path to players.
- Players will now be rewarded with a Dark Ops calling card when they Prestige.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Campaign Fixes
- Player can now equip custom Paintjobs in the Armory in the Campaign Safehouses.
- Players can now use the Weapon Builder to access Gunsmith and Paintshop in the Campaign Safehouses.
- Addressed stability issues.
The list above is for the Xbox One, there may be some small differences in the PS4 change log.
We are seeing some Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 problems after installing the 1.03 update.
@Treyarch ps4 update on call of duty black ops 3 i no longer recieve cyrptkeys after matches and i lost the 10 i had and it just shows 0
— Drkane661 (@drkane01) November 19, 2015
@ATVIAssist ps4 black ops 3 won't let me online after I installed the new update today, I'm on LAN
— JOSH RANFORD (@JoshRanford) November 19, 2015
@AskPlayStation a dloaded blackops 3 on my ps4 installed the latest update now its not lettin me go online when a select online in the menu?
— alan ball (@alanball93) November 19, 2015
These problems do not appear to be widespread at this time, so if you run into the issue it is best to contact @ATVIAssist on Twitter for help. Restarting your console may help with some connectivity issues.