Razer calls the new Razer Blade 15 Advanced Model, the world’s smallest 15.6-inch gaming laptop, and it comes with the new Nvidia GeForce RTX graphics — up to the RTX 2080 GPU.
This new higher end model of the Razer Blade 15 relies on 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 core processor, comes with 16GB RAM, up to a 512GB SSD and supports Windows Hello. Razer will continue to sell the base model of the Razer Blade 15.
The major focus of this new Advanced Model is graphics performance with the RTX 2060 (6 GB GDDR6), RTX 2070 (8 GB GDDR6), or the RTX 2080 (8 GB GDDR6) and the two top of the line models using Max-Q design for better performance.
“Gamers demand the best performance when it comes to PC graphics, and the NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 20 Series GPUs fuse the performance of next generation shaders with real-time ray tracing and AI, blurring the line between movies and gaming, with cinematic-quality rendering,” said Kaustubh Sanghani, general manager, GeForce OEM at NVIDIA. “Seeing this technology available in a super compact laptop based on Max-Q design principles, such as the new Razer Blade 15, gives users a new level of graphics performance in a highly mobile platform.”
A 15.6-inch display with a 1080P resolution and 144Hz refresh rates are standard, and an optional 4K display with touch and 100% Adobe RGB color is available for creative users.
Razer is demoing a 240Hz display option and a 4K OLED touch display option for the Razer Blade 15 at CES, but is still evaluating these for inclusion.
The award-winning Razer Blade 15 is an ideal device for the latest NVIDIA Turing graphics processors, up to the GeForce RTX 2080, allowing gamers to take their visual experiences to new levels,” says Razer Co-Founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan. “Fluid, lifelike visuals are displayed on the expansive 15.6-inch Full HD panel with refresh rates of 144Hz, and the compact Max-Q design makes the laptop perfect for gamers on-the-go.”
Gamers get a Razer Chrome enabledanti-ghosting keyboard that they can customize. A large clickable glass touchpad is front and center with support for gestures. front facing speakers and Dolby Atmos help when you aren’t playing with a headset.
The Razer Blade 15 Advanced Model goes on sale on January 29th with a starting price of $2,299 at select retailers in the US, Canada, France, UK, Germany and China. Full pricing breakdowns are;
- FHD(144Hz)/i7-8750H/RTX 2060/16GB/512GB – $2,299.99
- FHD(144Hz)/i7-8750H/RTX 2070/16GB/256GB – $2,399.99
- FHD(144Hz)/i7-8750H/RTX 2070/16GB/512GB – $2,599.99
- 4K(Touch)/i7-8750H/RTX 2070/16GB/512GB* – $2,899.99
- FHD(144Hz)/i7-8750H/RTX 2080/16GB/512GB – $2,999.99
- FHD(144Hz)/i7-8750H/RTX 2060/16GB/512GB* – $2,349.99
- FHD(144Hz)/i7-8750H/RTX 2070/16GB/512GB* – $2,649.99
The base model will still be on sale starting at $1,599 and you can get RazerCare protection plans on all laptops with three years of coverage, 24 hour phone support and repairs by Razer with shipping covered.
Razer Blade 15 Advanced Specs
- 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor (6 Cores/12 Threads, 2.2GHz/4.1GHz)
- Display Options:
- 15.6-in. IPS Full HD (1920 x 1080) 144 Hz, matte, individually color calibrated
- 15.6-in. IPS 4K (3840 x 2160) 60 Hz, capacitive multi-touch, individually color calibrated
- Graphics Options:
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060 (6 GB GDDR6 VRAM)
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2070 with Max-Q Design (8 GB GDDR6 VRAM)
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 with Max-Q Design (8 GB GDDR6 VRAM)
- Storage Options: Supports up to 2TB SSD
- 256 GB SSD (M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4)
- 512 GB SSD (M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4)
- 16 GB Dual-Channel system memory (DDR4, 2667 MHz), 64 GB maximum support, including XMP memory modules
- Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 5
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C)
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB-A) x 3
- HDMI 2.0b audio and video output
- Mini Display Port 1.4
- Storage Options: Supports up to 2TB SSD
- Anti-ghosting keyboard powered by Razer Chroma™
- Razer Synapse 3 compatible
- Built-in front firing stereo speakers
- 3.5mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Windows Hello built-in IR webcam (1 MP/720) with array microphone
- Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) security enabled
- Compact 200 W/230 W power adapter
- Built-in 80 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery, NVIDIA® Optimus™ support
- 70 in. / 17.8 mm (Height) x 13.98 in. / 355 mm (Width) x 9.25 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- [GeForce RTX 2060] approx. 4.56 lbs. / 2.07 kg
- [GeForce RTX 2070] approx. 4.63 lbs. / 2.10 kg
- [GeForce RTX 2080] approx. 4.72 lbs. / 2.14 kg
Android 9 Pie vs Android 8.0 Oreo Walkthrough: What’s New
In this guide we’ll show you everything that’s new in Android Pie, Google’s 9th major software update for phones and tablets....
Best of CES 2019: 15 Things You’ll Want to Buy This Year
Here are our picks for the best technology from CES 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. We’ve gone hands-on with hundreds of new...