The Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich update, which was halted by Sprint shortly after its roll out began, has apparently started rolling out once again today.
According to Android Central, owners of the Epic 4G Touch, Sprint’s version of the Galaxy S II, have begun to see the Ice Cream Sandwich update roll out once again from Sprint.
The update, which started rolling out on July 12th, was stopped because of issues. However, it appears that Sprint has ironed those out and the update is rolling out once more.
Those who are lucky enough to receive the update today will be will be prompted to download and install the Ice Cream Sandwich update, a process that should take some time considering how big the update is.
Sprint has already detailed what is coming along with the update and here is what Epic 4G Touch owners, who haven’t yet received the update, can look forward to from Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich:
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera which introduces panorama mode, effects like silly faces and background replacement, and a powerful photo editor
- Android Beam: quickly share web pages, apps, contacts and YouTube videos with your friends by simply tapping two Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled phones together
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout and even store web pages for offline reading
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- New Calendar app that lets you add events quickly, sync with Google Calendar or Microsoft Exchange and even pinch to adjust your calendar display
- Redesigned Gmail app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly, and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera
It’s unclear how long this new roll out will take, the original was supposed to take eight days to roll out, so it could be a matter of days before some Epic 4G Touch owners see the software arrive.
Anyone seeing the software and if so, is it still bugged?
6 Reasons to Use a VPN & 3 Reasons Not To
Do I need a VPN? There are a lot of reasons to consider using a VPN in 2019, and there...
4 Reasons Not to Install iOS 13 Beta & 12 Reasons You Should
There are some great reasons to take the iOS 13 beta for a spin on your iPhone. There are also...