If you own a Samsung Infuse 4G then you know how painful of a wait it has been for Android 2.3 Gingerbread. AT&T and Samsung made a bold promise saying that the update would be out in August, and guess what? We’re now in February. No matter, because the update has finally arrived for the Infuse 4G and owners can now snag it through Samsung’s website.
That’s right, the update isn’t going to be rolling out Over-the-Air (OTA). You’re going to have to snag it manually which is probably a little frustrating for some of you but you’re just going to have to make do.
Oh, and if you own a Mac, you’re not going to be able to update with your computer.
That being said, here are all the goodies that are arriving with the update:
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed.
A pretty good haul.
So, if you have a Samsung Infuse 4G, you’ll want to head right here in order to get started on getting the update. It should be available and if not, it will be later today.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out and new info starting to emerge, we want to take you...
5 Tips for Turning Your Car Into Your Office Escape
The best solution to many work from home complaints may be sitting in your driveway. The same features that make...