Sprint has finally ended all of the speculation about their successor to the original HTC EVO 4G and at CTIA today made the HTC EVO 3D official adding a glasses-free 3D device to their expansive list of 4G-enabled devices.
The specifications are exactly what we thought they would be. The HTC EVO 3D includes a 4.3-inch qHD display, a 1.2 GHz Snapdragon dual-core processor, Android 2.3 Gingerbread with the new version of HTC Sense on top of it, simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, and a 1730 mAh Lithium-ion battery with an unspecified amount of battery life.
It will also use 4GB of internal memory, 1GB of RAM and an 8GB microSD card will be included. As expected, the HTC EVO 3D will weigh 6 ounces which is a little heavier than the recently released HTC ThunderBolt.
It also, obviously, has access to Sprint’s 4G WiMax network.
Sadly, as is the case with most of these announcements, Sprint left official pricing and a solid release date out of the picture only saying that it will become available sometime this summer for a price that will be announced closer to launch.
Here is the full spec list for the HTC EVO 3D:
· Industry-leading 4.3-inch 3D QHD display with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
· 3G/4G capability
· 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor
· World-class HTML browser – bandwidth and quality that rival that of netbooks
· Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and the latest version of HTC Sense, an acclaimed user experience, which includes Friend Stream to integrate Facebook, Twitter and more into a single flow of updates
· Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while talking
· GoogleTM mobile services, including Google SearchTM, Google MapsTM, Google TalkTM, GmailTM, YouTubeTM , and syncs with Google CalendarTM, as well as access to Google Goggles™ to search with pictures instead of words
· 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
· Android Market™ for access to more than 150,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
· Download, edit and share HD-quality content directly from the device
· Dual 5 megapixel cameras, to capture 3D video and images and a 1.3MP front-facing camera, that together open up a new frontier for user generated content, social networking and streaming video
· Access to 3D version of Blockbuster OnDemand app with access to 2D and 3D movies, TV shows and games for rent or purchase and download
· Video chat service available as an upgrade to the pre-loaded Qik app to enable conversational, interactive, real-time sharing between mobile devices or from mobile-to-desktop
· Capture video in HD quality, 2D at 1080p and 3D at 720p
· Output HD content to a compatible TV using HDMI or DLNA
· Media player with 3.5mm stereo headset jack
· Sprint applications including Sprint Zone, Sprint TV & Movies®, Sprint Football Live, Sprint Navigation and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
· Stereo Bluetooth®
· Built-in Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
· Dimensions: 5.0″ x 2.6″ x .48″ (LxWxT)
· Weight: 6 ounces
· Main display: 4.3-inch 3D QHD capacitive display (960 x 540)
· Battery life: TBD
· Standard removable 1730 mAh Lithium-ion battery
· Memory: 4GB Internal memory/1GB RAM; Expandable memory: 8GB microSD card included; supports up to 32GB
17 Exciting Things You Can Do With the Oculus Quest
The Oculus Quest is a VR headset that you can use to play Virtual Reality games, delve into experiences and much...
The Best Gifts for iPhone Owners
These are the best gifts you can give an iPhone owner. I spend every day testing the latest and greatest...