There have been rumors for a couple of weeks regarding a WiMax-enabled Nexus S for Sprint and now, the wait is finally over.
Earlier today, Sprint made the Nexus S 4G official, a move that had been expected at CTIA but instead comes a day early. Sprint’s version of the Nexus S is going to be fairly similar to T-Mobile’s device save for a few differences.
Since it’s going to be rocking 4G speeds, the Nexus S 4G is going to be thicker and heavier than the original Nexus S because of the radio that it has inside of it for WiMax and CDMA capabilities. Specifically, the Nexus S 4G will be less than a millimeter thicker and weigh only a few grams heavier than the Nexus S.
It will also run the same OS as the Nexus S, Android Gingerbread, but it will have an on/off box for 4G in the settings, making it easier to conserve battery when users don’t need WiMax speeds.
Other than those differences, the Nexus S 4G is going to be the same Samsung-made device Google announced all the way back in December. It’ll have a 4 inch Contour display, a single core 1GHz Hummingbird processor, front facing VGA camera, a 5MP rear facing shooter, 16GB of internal memory, and NFC (near field communication) capabilities.
Sprint’s Nexus S 4G will be out sometime this spring and will cost the usual $199 on a new two-year contract.
Sprint Nexus 4G from Samsung Specs:
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to six Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Android Market™ for access to more than 150,000 applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
- Google mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, syncing with Google Calendar™, Voice Actions and YouTube™
- Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®), personal (POP & IMAP) email and instant messaging
- Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which allows the device to read information from everyday objects, like stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips
- 16GB Internal Memory (ROM)/512MB (RAM)
- Wi-Fi® – 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR
- Integrated GPS
- 1500 mAh Lithium-ion battery
Best Amazon Prime Day 2019 Deals
Amazon Prime Day 2019 is in full swing and there are an insane amount of deals for Prime Members. We’re...
Madden 20: Which Edition to Buy
There are three Madden 20 editions available this year, with an option to spend up to $100 on the new Madden...