Amidst speculation that the Sprint Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean update would roll out today, Sprint has confirmed this to be the case by posting the changelog for the update on its website with a release date of September 6th.
The changelog was posted to the Galaxy Nexus update page on Sprint’s website and it confirms the good news. The Sprint Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean update will roll out today, September 6th.
That of course means that it will beat the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean update, something that Verizon customers probably assumed would happen.
The Sprint Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean update comes with a host of new features including all of those found within Android 4.1 Jelly Bean itself. Those include:
Upgrades phone operating system to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Smoother user interface
- Enhanced Accessibility functions
- Bi-directional text and other language support
- User-installable keyboard maps
- Expandable notifications
- Ability to turn off notifications on an application specific basis
- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
- Android Beam – Use Android Beam to Bluetooth transfer data
- Offline voice dictation
- Improved voice search
- Improved camera application
- Google Wallet (for the Nexus 7)
- High resolution Google+ contact photos
- Google Now
- Multichannel audio
- USB audio added for external sound Digital to Analog Conversion
- Audio chaining also referred to as Gapless Playback. Gapless playback is the uninterrupted playback of consecutive audio tracks
Discontinuing support for Adobe Flash Player:
- Adobe will not be certifying the Adobe Flash Player for Android Mobile devices that either release with or update to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- Devices that upgraded from Android 4.0 to Android 4.1, may exhibit unpredictable behavior, as it is not certified for use with Android 4.1. Adobe recommends uninstalling Flash Player on devices which have been upgraded to Android 4.1.
So, yes, for those that wish to use Adobe Flash Player on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus, this is an update to avoid. For all others, this an update that should definitely be downloaded as it’s an improvement over Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Thus far, we have not heard about the update rolling out to owners, but it should arrive by the end of the day. Unfortunately, we haven’t seen anything in regards to the Nexus S 4G Jelly Bean update which is also supposed to roll out today.
If you see the update, do let us know.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out and new info starting to emerge, we want to take you...
Best Work From Home Jobs to Make Money Online in 2020
You can make money online by finding legit work from home jobs. I’ve been working from home for almost a...