Tonight is the big night and it has started off with an absolute bang. All three major U.S. carriers that were expected to announce the Samsung Galaxy S II did announce the Samsung Galaxy S II and Sprint will be taking the cake as the first provider to launch the device. The Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch will launch on September 16th and it will cost a grand total of $199 after a new two year contract.
The device is exactly what we told you about earlier. A dual-core powered beast with a 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display.
For those of you that are interested, the device is going to be going up for pre-order today in participating Sprint stores. You’ll have to put $50 down for a Sprint gift card and you’ll also be put on a Device Wait List so that you can waltz in and grab one on September 16th.
Here are the official Epic 4G Touch specs:
- Dual cameras: 8MP, rear-facing camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash that shoots video in 1080p HD high profile and 2MP, front-facing camera ideal for self-portraits or video chat
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capable, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G network
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/a capable
- Visual Voicemail
- Enterprise functionality provides support for exchange device management policies, offers increased security of data and services and enables mobile conferencing while on the go
- 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus Display
- 0.38 inches thick
- 1.2GHz Samsung Exynos dual-core processor
How does it look from your end? Anyone going to be picking one up?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.