TIDAL and DOLBY Laboratories teamed up to deliver Dolby Atmos support to TIDAL music streaming. This allows listeners with a Dolby Atmos-enabled soundbar, TV or home theater system to listen to a more immersive musical experience.
To use this new feature, you need a TIDAL HiFi subscription, the right audio setup, and a compatible streaming device connected to the home theater. If you want to test this out, you can get a free 60-day TIDAL HiFi trial right now.
Recent additions to the TIDAL HiFi Dolby Atmos library include Ariana Grande’s 7 rings, The Weeknd’s After Hours, and Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello’s Señorita. These are just the tip of the content available in Dolby Atmos.
There is a good chance that you already have the right streaming device to play this. TIDAL supports Dolby Atmos on the following devices;
- Apple TV 4K
- Fire TV Stick 4K
- Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick (2nd gen)
- Fire TV (3rd gen)
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV or NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro (2019 or newer models)
- Dolby Atmos-enabled Android TVs from Sony and Philips
- Dolby Atmos-enabled Android smartphone or tablet
We’ve been using Dolby Atmos to listen to movies in more immersive ways, and now you can listen to music this way. TIDAL describes the experience as, “Dolby Atmos Music allows people to connect with their favorite music in a whole new way, pulling listeners into a song and revealing what was lost with stereo recordings. Listeners can discover hidden details and subtleties with unparalleled clarity. Whether it’s a complex harmony of instruments placed around a listener, a legendary guitar solo that fills a room, a massive bass drop that washes over the audience, or the subtle breath a singer takes between lyrics, Dolby Atmos gives music more space and the freedom to unleash every detail and emotion as the artist intended.”
When you are connected to a device that supports Dolby Atmos and there is a Dolby Atmos mix available, it is the default way to listen. You can also seek out these songs and albums in the app on the home screen under “Available in Dolby Atmos” or you can search “Dolby Atmos” to find songs. There are also dedicated “At Home” playlists for Pop, Hip Hop and Jazz with Dolby Atmos content.
You can use this link to learn more about TIDAL and Dolby Atmos availability and to sign up for the free 60-day TIDAL trial.
- Our most powerful streaming media stick.
- Enjoy brilliant picture with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+.
- Alexa Voice Remote lets you use your voice to search and launch shows across apps. Plus, control power and volume on your TV and soundbar with a single remote.
- Home theater audio with Dolby Atmos - Feel scenes come to life with immersive Dolby Atmos audio on select titles with compatible home audio systems.
- Tens of thousands of channels, Alexa skills, and apps - Including Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV, and HBO Max. Subscription fees may apply.
Last update on 2020-12-15. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.