While we had seen Motorola Droid 4 details leak out a number of times in the past couple of months, Verizon refused to make it official.
That is until today when Big Red finally announced the 4G LTE successor the Motorola Droid 3, a device that launched a mere five months ago.
Unfortunately, there are no surprises here, but Verizon is touting it as the thinnest and the most powerful physical QWERTY in existence.
So what can you expect from the Droid 4?
Here is a full rundown of the key features:
- Powered by Android™ 2.3.5 Gingerbread, to be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.0-inch qHD display with scratch and scrape resistant glass
- MotoCast for remote streaming of photos, videos, music, documents, presentations and more from home or office computers
- 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot supporting up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Water-repellent nanocoating for splash resistance
- 16 GB on-board memory (actual formatted capacity is less); Support for up to 32 GB microSD™ card
- Business Ready with government-grade encryption (FIPS 140-2) for email, calendar and contacts; preloaded with Citrix® Receiver™ for Android (available in webtop) for desktop virtualization and access
Sorry, no Android 4.0 out of the box folks.
And while we have the specs, the carrier has stayed surprisingly mum on the release date only to say that it will be coming in the weeks ahead.
As for the pricing, nothing official either, but we expect it to retail for the usual $299 with a new two-year contract. That’s just a guess and hopefully Big Red has other, more affordable plans.
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details
6 Reasons to Pre-Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & 3 Reasons To Wait
Should you pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? We can help you decide if you should pre-order Call of Duty...
10 Best Surface Pro Alternatives in 2019
There are Surface Pro alternatives that offer lower prices, more battery life, more storage and include the accessories you need...