While we had seen Motorola Droid 4 details leak out a number of times in the past couple of months, Verizon refused to make it official.
That is until today when Big Red finally announced the 4G LTE successor the Motorola Droid 3, a device that launched a mere five months ago.
Unfortunately, there are no surprises here, but Verizon is touting it as the thinnest and the most powerful physical QWERTY in existence.
So what can you expect from the Droid 4?
Here is a full rundown of the key features:
- Powered by Android™ 2.3.5 Gingerbread, to be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.0-inch qHD display with scratch and scrape resistant glass
- MotoCast for remote streaming of photos, videos, music, documents, presentations and more from home or office computers
- 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot supporting up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Water-repellent nanocoating for splash resistance
- 16 GB on-board memory (actual formatted capacity is less); Support for up to 32 GB microSD™ card
- Business Ready with government-grade encryption (FIPS 140-2) for email, calendar and contacts; preloaded with Citrix® Receiver™ for Android (available in webtop) for desktop virtualization and access
Sorry, no Android 4.0 out of the box folks.
And while we have the specs, the carrier has stayed surprisingly mum on the release date only to say that it will be coming in the weeks ahead.
As for the pricing, nothing official either, but we expect it to retail for the usual $299 with a new two-year contract. That’s just a guess and hopefully Big Red has other, more affordable plans.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out and new info starting to emerge, we want to take you...
Best Work From Home Jobs to Make Money Online in 2020
You can make money online by finding legit work from home jobs. I’ve been working from home for almost a...