Apple announced watchOS 6 today at WWDC 2019. This is a free update coming to the Apple Watch this fall.
This is packed full of new Apple Watch features that will change what you can do with the Apple Watch.
The watchOS 6 release date is set for the fall and a watchOS 6 beta arrives for developers to start working on new apps for this today.
Here’s what’s new in watchOS 6 that will arrive on your Apple Watch this fall;
- New Watch Faces – Gradient, Digital, Large, California and Solar Face
- Taptic Chimes – Optional taptic vibration and a robin singing every hour.
- AudioBooks App – Listen to Audiobooks from Apple
- Voice Memos – Record your thoughts
- Calculator – Includes a tip calculator with easy bill split.
- Independent Watch Apps – Apps that don’t need an Apple Watch app.
- New API – Better access to sensor data and new features.
- Streaming Audio API – Stream podcasts, sports and more without your iPhone.
- Apple Watch App Store – Search for your favorite watch apps with scribble, dictation or Siri. Purchase and install apps right on your watch.
- Activity Trends – You’ll get data on your health data and coaching if you’re on a bad path.
- Hearing Health – Noise app lets you know if the noise around you is loud enough to cause hearing loss.
- Cycle Tracking – Track your menstruation with the Apple Watch.
- Redesigned Health App – Better overall access to your data with Machine Learning delivering new highlights in watchOS 6.
- And More!
We’ll be sharing more about these new watchOS 6 features and how they compare to watchOS 5 as we go hands on with new features and learn more from Apple.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.