It’s been a whirlwind week for smartphones and tablets. In case you missed the news and reviews, we have a collection of the hottest news of the week. We also have our top picks for notebook news and reviews to give you some afternoon reading.
Smartphone and Tablet News for the week of May 6th
- The Best Android Smartphones – Coming Summer 2011
A look at the hottest Android smartphones coming this summer.
- The 5 Best Android Smartphones [May, 2011]
The hottest Android smartphones available right now.
- How My iPad Made Me Hate Paper and Helped Me Save Over $15,000
Kevin saves a load of money by using his iPad ad ditching paper.
- Kevin Saves the Dough by Going Paperless, I’m Not So Lucky
Warner still has trouble going paperless, note for lack of trying though.
- RIM Demos Android Apps on BlackBerry PlayBook, Again (Video)
RIM has posted another video of the tablet showing off its ability to run applications of the Android variety with more details.
- Verizon to Target Female Demographics with HTC Bliss Android Smartphone, Droidette?
Verizon is rumored to be coming out with an Android phone geared towards women. With a glowing charm accessory.
- HTC EVO 3D Details, Review & Hands-On Video Roundup
Everything you need to know about the HTC EVO 3D before it launches this summer.
- Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 Tablet PC Slate Launching Today
Sumocat delivers his thoughts on the Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 slate Tablet PC.
- LG Revolution Details, Review & Hands-On Video Roundup
What we know so far about the LG Revolution, likely the 3rd 4G LTE device to come to Verizon.
- RIM Announces BlackBerry 7, Says Current BlackBerry Phones Won’t Get It
RIM also introduced its latest and greatest operating system, BlackBerry 7, which will launch on the new BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 aka BlackBerry Bold Touch at some point this year.
- RIM Announces BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 (BlackBerry Bold Touch)
RIM introduced the BlackBerry Bold Touch at its BlackBerry World conference. The device, which had been expected for quite some time, will officially be known as the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and the BlackBerry Bold 9930
- Finger Nose Stylus for Stall Surfers Might Be Carrying Things a Bit Far
A strap on nose stylus lets you stall surf and tub surf with ease.
- Prepaid Smartphone Showdown: Virgin Mobile, Metro PCS, Verizon, T-Mobile & More
A look at the prepaid smartphone options from national carriers like Virgin Mobile, Verizon and T-Mobile as well as smaller carriers like US Cellular, Metro PCS and Boost Mobile
Smartphone and Accessory Reviews for May 2011
- Review: Sprint MiFi 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot (Video)
Check out our thoughts on the Sprint MiFi 3G/4G hotspot.
- SugarSync Review: Back Up and Sync With Multiple Computers – Better Than Dropbox
SugarSync stole Kevin away from Dropbox. Find out why he switched.
- Verizon Droid Charge Review (Video)
The Droid Charge is the newest 4G LTE phone to land on Verizon, check out our review before the Charge arrives in store.
- BooqPad iPad 2 Folio Review: The iPad Case for Note Takers
The BooqPad + Evernote makes for a great inking experience.
- Casio G’zOne Commando Rugged Android Smartphone Hands On and First Impressions (Video)
The Casio G’zOne Commando is a rugged Android smartphone that looks intimidating, but loves a good soak.
- Droid Incredible 2 Hands On and First Impressions (Video)
The Droid Incredible 2 is a slim but powerful 3G smartphone. Check out our first impressions.
Notebook News for the Week of May 6th
- Mac Owners Targeted with Fake Antivirus App
Malware programmers are after Mac Owners with a new fake Antivirus app that tries to get your money and your credit card information.
- USB Modems Preferred 3 to 1 over Personal Hotspots. Why?
Users prefer USB modems over mobile hotspots. We don’t know why either.
- Is the MacBook Air a Good Windows 7 Notebook?
A look at how Windows 7 runs as a full time OS on teh MacBook Air. Also, how to set this up for yourself.
- Is Apple dumping Intel for ARM?
Rumors point to Apple ditching Intel for ARM powered notebooks and desktops. Find out our take.
- Standing Desk Guide: Measurements, Examples and Benefits
Everything you need to know to get started with a standup desk.
- Two Reasons the Mac OS X Lion Update Will Come On a Disc
Two reasons why OS X Lion will come on a disk or drive when it arrives this summer.
Notebook Reviews for May 2011
- Samsung RV511 Review: Great Features on a $500 Notebook
The feature packed RV511 earns high marks for value thanks to looks and a collection of features typical of higher priced notebooks.
- Acer Aspire 7552G-6436 Review [Video]
Check out this Quad Core Desktop replacement. It’s not perfect, but it might be right for you.
- Ergotron WorkFit S Review: Standing Desk With Hinged Dual LCD Mount (Video)
Review of our favorite Sit stand desk from Ergotron with a cool new hinged monitor mount.
- ASUS Eee PC 1215B with AMD Fusion Hands On (Video)
Hands on video of the AMD Fusion powered ASUS Eee PC 1215B
How To Guides for May
- How To Make Windows 7 Look and Act Like Windows XP
Make Windows 7 look and act like Windows XP if you can’t bear to change. Even if it is for the better.
- 9 Tips for Troubleshooting Internet Explorer 9
How to handle common Internet Explorer 9 issues.
4 Reasons to Wait for the 2018 iMac, 3 Reasons Not To
Should you buy the iMac today, or should you wait for the 2018 iMac before you buy? The iMac is over...
8 Best iPhone XR Cases
The iPhone XR is a beautiful and colorful new iPhone that arrives this month. It’s coming alongside Apple’s first clear iPhone...