Install If You Watch Tons Of Content on Your iPhone or iPad
If you skipped iOS 10.2 and you watch a ton of content (movies, television) on your iPhone or iPad, iOS 10.2.1 is probably worth a look as it features support for the new TV app.
The new TV application provides you with a single place to access your favorite TV shows and movies. The update also delivers some new and useful upgrades for Siri.
Here are the highlights from Apple:
- Watch Now: Watch Now is where viewers will see their collection of available shows and movies from iTunes and apps. From Watch Now, viewers can then go to Up Next or Recommended to choose what to watch.
- Up Next: Users can enjoy the shows and movies they are currently watching, including recent iTunes rentals and purchases — all presented in the order they are most likely to watch first. For example, when viewers finish an episode, the next one will automatically appear at the start of the Up Next queue, as will any new episodes as they become available. At any time, users can simply ask Siri to continue watching a show and immediately pick up where they left off.
- Recommended: Viewers can explore a great selection of curated and trending shows and movies, including collections handpicked by Apple’s curators, and dedicated categories and genres such as kids, sci-fi and comedy.
- Library: Viewers can access their entire collection of iTunes movies and TV shows that they have rented or purchased on iTunes.
- Store: If users are looking for something new, they can check out the Store to discover great new content across video services that they have not yet downloaded or are not yet subscribed to, along with the latest releases on iTunes.
The new TV application is only available in the United States and it also requires the Apple TV's tvOS 10.1 or later to work.