Want to upload multiple photos or video to Instagram all at once? Instead of spamming friends and family with five photos in a row, we can now add up to 10 photos in a single post. Here’s what users need to know and how to take advantage of this new feature today.
The news was just announced on the official Instagram Blog, confirming a feature we’ve wanted for years. In fact, photo carousels debuted back in 2015, but it was limited strictly to advertisers. Not anymore though, as of today it’s rolling out to all on iPhone or Android.
It’s simple really. Users no longer have to choose just one photo from an event, or spam users feeds with multiple photos. Not to mention all of those 3rd party “batch upload” apps won’t be needed anymore. Built right into Instagram is the ability to upload multiple photos or video at once, up to 10 at a time, all in one post.
This feature was great for advertisers. Sharing multiple items from a new clothing line, recipes from the Food Network and more. Now though, everyone can do the same. Share moments from a concert like the band walking out on the stage, some video, selfies, and the after-party all at the same time. Perfect for birthdays, family events and other things.
Without further delay, lets get started.
How to Upload Multiple Photos to Instagram at Once
As of February 22nd 2017 this feature is available for Android and iPhone. Users will need to download the latest version of Instagram. It’s rolling out in stages, so it may not be available to everyone right away. Simply hit the camera upload button, and the option will pop-up once available. Look for the layered square icon, as shown below.
- Tap the upload button as you normally would and select the new icon to upload multiple photos and videos. (Shown above in blue)
- Edit your post as little or as much as you want – filter everything at once or edit individual photos and videos.
- Tap and hold to change the order or remove a photo or video from your selection.
- Captions and location tags apply to the entire post, as well as likes and comments. You can tag friends in individual photos.
- Hit the Check to finish, and upload your batch photos or video.
- When you see a post like this in feed, you’ll notice blue dots at the bottom. Swipe back and forth to view the entire post.
As you can see from the photos above, adding multiple photos or video to Instagram at once is now a breeze. The company added multiple options for filters, captions, tagging friends in individual photos and more. You’ll also see a “layered square” icon (right screenshot) while viewing a users profile to indicate multi-photo posts.
Remember, users are limited to 10 photos or video at a time. Meaning you may need to do multiple posts to share an entire event on your feed. That said, it’s extremely easy to get started and only takes a minute.
It’s nice to see a full set of features, the ability to change the order of photos, filters and individual image tags all included from the start. Now that it’s available, get to uploading. Enjoy.