Wemo now supports Apple HomeKit and Siri, allowing users to buy and install the Wemo Bridge to add voice control and routines to your smart home.
The Wemo bridge is $39.99 and installs into your existing Wemo setup to add HomeKit support. To get these new features, you need to add this new hardware to get HomeKit support.
Once this is setup, you also get access to using Wemo controls on your Apple Watch, iPhone and iPad. Here’s a sample of what you can do with the Wemo Bridge installed.
- Control Wemo Dimmer, Mini, Light Switch, Insight, and Motion Sensor from the Wemo App, Apple Home app or with Siri from your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
- Create personalized scenarios such as movie lighting or schedule appliances for a morning routine
- Set Schedules and Timers for lights and devices, and control it all by accessing the Wemo App or the Apple Home app
- Sync lights with sunrise and sunset or personal schedules
- Set up vacation mode to protect your home by randomly turning on and off lights.
You’ll need existing Wemo accessories installed to use all of these commands. You can use Siri to control as well as the Apple Home app, expanding how you control your smarthome.
“We’ve had an overwhelming positive response from customers when we announced last spring that we would make the Wemo Bridge compatible with HomeKit support, said Kara Alexander, Wemo senior product manager. “We have made it a top priority working with Apple to ensure an incredible experience for both Wemo and HomeKit users. Bringing together two of the most influential Smart Home platforms will enable millions of current and future Wemo users to experience the benefits of HomeKit, including the Apple Home app, Siri integration and interoperability with other HomeKit devices.”
This is one of the latest HomeKit upgrades available as companies continue to add HomeKit integration to their devices by introducing hubs. The Wemo bridge connects to your router by ethernet to add support.
The Wemo Bridge is available on Amazon, Apple, Best Buy and direct from Belkin starting today.