Aside from a few small changes or software tweaks, the physical internals are rather similar. The Note 10 does have some important upgrades that future-proof it a little more than the S-series.
Galaxy S10+ Specs
- 6.4-inch Quad-HD Curved Infinity AMOLED Display
- Snapdragon 855 Processor with 8-12GB of RAM
- 128, 512, or 1TB of internal storage (MicroSD slot included)
- 8-12GB of RAM
- Android 9 Pie with Samsung One UI
- Triple Rear Cameras: 12, 12, 16MP (Regular variable aperture, telephoto, and super wide-angle) Main 12MP Dual Pixel will still have OIS, 960 FPS slo-mo, and more
- Dual 8 and 10MP front-facing camera inside the screen (top right corner)
- In-Display ultrasonic fingerprint scanner under the glass near the bottom
- IP68 dust & water resistance (5ft for 30 minutes)
- 4,100 mAh battery with Fast & Wireless Charging, and reverse charging
- Always-On Display, 3D Emoji (like animoji)
- Samsung Pay, Bixby Virtual Assistant, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, more
That's still a great phone, but this is even better.
Galaxy Note 10 Specs
- 6.3-inch small model & 6.8-inch Curved HD Infinity Display
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Processor or Samsung Exynos
- 8-12GB of RAM and 256/512GB storage with microSD expansion (Higher RAM, storage, and SD options on bigger model only)
- Android 9 Pie With Samsung One UI (Or Android 10 Q)
- Triple Rear Cameras: 12, 12, 16MP (Dual variable aperture main lens (F1.5 and F2.4), f/2.4 telephoto lens, and super wide-angle camera) Dual OIS, 960 FPS slo-mo, 4K, 10-scene optimizer, Night Sight (same as S10)
- Quad camera DoF sensor in Note 10+
- 10MP Front Selfie Camera with Portrait Mode & Improved 3D AR Emoji
- Stereo Speaker tuned by AKG
- 3,500 mAh & massive 4,300 mAh (on bigger Note 10) batteries with new 25w Faster Charging, Wireless Charging 2.0 and Powershare Reverse Wireless Charging
- IP68 Dust & Water-resistance, USB Type-C, S-Pen stylus, Bixby 2.0, Bixby AI, new Air Gestures and stylus controls, wireless Dex Live, etc
- Heart-rate sensor, In-Display Fingerprint Sensor, more
- No 3.5mm headphone jack and no Bixby button
The key talking points here are the bigger screen, better and more powerful cameras, and the fact that both phones come with AT LEAST 256GB of storage, which is a big deal. More and more these days 64 or even 128GB simply isn't enough. We're glad to see the lowest option is 256GB.
By moving the cameras to the side and the fingerprint scanner inside the glass, that gives them more room in the actual housing for a bigger battery. As a result, the Note 10 will last all day thanks to a superfast charging 4,300 mAh battery under the hood. Additionally, you can pay extra for a new 45w fast charging wall plug that will charge the Note 10+ even faster.