When you see that small notification update on your iPhone 6 Plus this week it means that the iOS 8.2 update is waiting for you to install. Before you tap Download & Install on the iOS 8.2 update there are a few things you should know.
If you’re sick of any number of problems that are still lingering on the iPhone 6 Plus after months of use, this is the update for you.
Here is a fast look at the five most important things iPhone 6 Plus owners need to know about the iOS 8.2 update before upgrading their iPhone this weekend.
iOS 8.2 Update Details & Performance
The iOS 8.2 iPhone 6 Plus update is performing very well after several days of testing. On Monday we installed iOS 8.2 on the iPhone 6 Plus and other devices to test how well the update handles in the real world.
Some iPhone 6 users experienced iMessage delays, but that is not an issue on our iPhone 6 Plus at this time. Overall the iOS 8.2 iPhone 6 Plus performance is good with the same snappy speeds we’ve loved since the release, not major app problems and it’s safe for many users to install today.
Fixes a Lot of iOS 8 Problems
When you look at the list of what’s new in iOS 8.2 you’ll see a lot of bug fixes and stability enhancements targeted towards the iPhone. If you use the stock iPhone apps like Mail, Maps, Music and more. Here are just a few of the important fixes that Apple includes in the iOS 8.2 update.
- Increases stability of Mail
- Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
- Improves stability of Music
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
- Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
- Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
- Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
- Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on device
- Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
- Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
- Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as ‘Busy’ after accepting an invite
These are just a few of the problems that iOS 8.2 fixes for iPhone 6 Plus users and other devices. If you see your problem listed here, this is an update you will want to check out.
iOS 8.2 problems
There are some iOS 8.2 problems that com along for the ride. It’s an unfortunate addition to almost any update. Although our iPhone 6 Plus iOS 8.2 experience is positive, some users report problems with iOS 8.2. These include, but are not limited to;
- Installation Problems
- iOS 8.2 Battery Life Problems
- iOS 8.2 WiFi Problems
- iOS 8.2 LTE Issues
- iOS 8.2 iMessage Problems
- iOS 8.2 Performance Issues
- iOS 8.2 App Problems
- iOS 8.2 Bluetooth Problems
- General iOS 8.2 Issues
These are not as widespread as on other updates, and if you experience any of these iOS 8.2 problems on your iPhone 6 Plus you can use our guide to solve the issues without a trip to an Apple Store. You can still downgrade to iOS 8.1.3 if you don’t like this update.
Adds an Apple Watch App
The iOS 8.2 update adds support to the iPhone 6 Plus for the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch pre-orders start on April 10th and the Apple Watch release date is on April 24th. You can’t really do much of anything with the Apple Watch app now.
If you buy an Apple Watch this is how you will pair it, add Apple Watch apps to your device and how it will connect to a new fitness tracking app.
You can Skip Straight to iOS 8.3
If you love to try the latest and greatest updates from Apple, you can skip straight to iOS 8.3 now. Apple announced the start of public iOS 8.3 beta this week through the Apple Seed program. This isn’t for everyone. You shouldn’t install this on your only iPhone and you should definitely avoid it if you use this iPhone 6 Plus for work.
If you are OK with the potential problems of using a beta on your iPhone 6 Plus, this is how you can sign up and install the iOS 8.3 beta today.
5 Reasons to Pre-Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & 3 Reasons To Wait
Should you pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? We can help you decide if you should pre-order Call of Duty...
10 Best Surface Pro Alternatives in 2019
There are Surface Pro alternatives that offer lower prices, more battery life, more storage and include the accessories you need...