Finally, after a wait that to Android owners may have seemed like years (it was actually months), Mozilla’s mobile browser has shed its beta skin and the final build, shockingly called Mozilla Firefox 4 for Android, is now available on the Android Market.
Mozilla claims that Firefox 4 for Android is three times faster than the stock Android browser and it features a number of delightful features including full HTML 5 support. There is also the familiar tabbed browsing, bookmarks, add-ons and something the non-profit organization calls Firefox sync which will allow Android owners to access things within their browser across devices.
The browser is not only available to Android users either as it has also been released for download to Maemo users as well. Here is a full list of the improvements that come with Firefox 4 for Android, which we might add, is free:
What’s New in Firefox for Android and Maemo:
- Focus on Web content: Features like tabs, one-touch bookmarking and browser controls that stow away when not in use help users focus on the websites they visit
Browse More, Type Less
- Awesome Screen: Type less with easy access to history, bookmarks and open tabs
- Save to PDF: Capture important websites, like directions or a boarding pass, to view offline
- Share Page: Share websites via apps like email, Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader and more
- Add Search Engine: Customize your search engine list
Private and Secure Synchronization
- Firefox Sync: Access Awesome Bar history, bookmarks, open tabs, passwords and form data across multiple computers and mobile devices with secure end-to-end encryption
- Firefox offers thousands of ways for users to customize the features, functionality and look of their mobile Web browser with Firefox Add-ons
Cutting Edge Tools for Web Developers:
- Firefox improves existing tools like CSS, Canvas and SVG to enable developers to make exciting Web pages
- HTML5 support in Firefox for Android and Maemo includes Location-Aware Browsing, device orientation, accelerometer, desktop notifications and more
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.