Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the official Netflix application for Android has arrived on the Android Market.
However, there is some bad news that comes attached to the app, something that is surely not going to sit well with a good amount of Android owners. It’s only available for select phones and that list includes:
- HTC Incredible with Android 2.2
- HTC Nexus One with Android 2.2, 2.3
- HTC Evo 4G with Android 2.2
- HTC G2 with Android 2.2
- Samsung Nexus S with Android 2.3
So, no support for phones like the HTC ThunderBolt, the Motorola Droid X or the HTC Incredible 2. Yet. Netflix has indicated via its blog that this is an initial roll out and it will be coming to other device soon.
For those of you who are able to get the application, Netflix’s Android app is going to perform like the one on iOS with features that include:
Watch as often as you want.
- Resume watching where you left off on your TV or computer.
- Browse movies and manage your instant Queue right from your phone.
If you have one of those five devices, you can find the application on the Android Market if you head right here.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.