Should I Buy the MacBook Air in 2019?” That’s a question we hear a lot from people shopping for a new laptop, and it’s an even bigger question now with the MacBook Air deals and student discounts that make it as low as $999 for college students.
While there are a lot of MacBook Air alternatives, and the 13-inch MacBook Pro is an even bigger deal now that the base model includes the Touch Bar and Touch ID, the MacBook Air is the go-to MacBook for many buyers.
The MacBook Air starts at $1,099 and it is $999 for college students with the student discount. You can also get a free set of Beats Headphones during a back to school promotion.
This is the cheapest MacBook you can buy, and it more than meets the needs of many users.
We finally get a True Tone Retina Display on the MacBook Air and it packs in a new 8th Gen Intel dual-core processor. It includes a butterfly keyboard, large Force Touch trackpad and it uses the same smaller form factor as the 2018 model.
The MacBook Air is the cheapest laptop that Apple sells and for many users, it is more than enough. Here are the reasons to buy the 2019 MacBook Air;
- Buy for the True Retina Display
- Buy for the Smaller, Lighter Design & Colors
- Buy for Touch ID & FaceTime HD
- Buy For All-Day Battery Life
- Buy for Performance with Upgraded Specs
- Buy Because It’s the Cheapest MacBook
- Buy if the iPad Pro Isn’t a Computer to You
- Stunning 13.3-Inch Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch ID
- Dual-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
- Intel UHD Graphics 617
- Fast SSD Storage
Here are the reasons to wait, or to skip the 2019 MacBook Air;
- Wait for a New Keyboard
- Wait for Bigger MacBook Air Deals
- Don’t Buy if You Really Need a MacBook Pro
- Don’t Buy If You Need LTE
Keep reading to learn why you should buy the MacBook Air, and why you should wait and see how this new device handles, or explore other options.
Last update on 2020-12-15. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API