Sony has been paying attention to the needs of Android users, and found that many of them are fans of the Swype keyboard, which allows you to slide your finger across keys to type.
Instead of paying to put Swype on the new Xperia smartphones, like many other manufacturers have started doing, Sony decided it would be
easier cheaper to make their own keyboard app that includes this feature.
While I’m not a fan of protecting every slide gesture on a smartphone, swiping the Swype style and function doesn’t sit well.
You can see the new Swype-like keyboard in the video below;
Sony is rolling out the new keyboard in the Gingerbread Android system update that is coming to the following phones, Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia ray, Xperia™ active, Xperia neo V, Xperia arc S and the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman.
The Sony Xperia Gingerbread update also includes the following features,
- Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia™ functionality for enhanced like, share and discover abilities.
- Xperia™ smartphones introducing world’s first 3D Sweep Panorama functionality powered by Sony.
- 16x video zoom
- The software upgrade will enable consumers to turn their Xperia™ smartphone into a mini-mobile PC by connecting USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard or game controller) to Sony Ericsson LiveDock™ multimedia station. Connect the smartphone to a TV via HDMI to get a big screen experience.
- Gesture input – text input by swiping the finger from one letter to the next
- WiFi DLNA
- Screen capture – allows the user to share a screen grab from anywhere in the phone.
Personally, the Sony Ericsson LiveDock looks like an exciting option for users looking to do more with their smartphones. You can watch the slightly disturbing video of the LiveDock below.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...