The Verizon Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean update that leaked out earlier today is now easier to install, thanks for a flashable file that emerged this afternoon.
The previous installation method required owners to head back to Ice Cream Sandwich build IMM76K, the stock version of Android 4.0 in an effort to get to ICS build IMM76Q, and then to Jelly Bean. The method worked but it took extreme patience and quite a bit of time. This new method is much easier and more welcoming to Galaxy Nexus owners.
Installing this new ROM only takes a couple of steps and if followed correctly, the test build of Jelly Bean for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus should be up and running no time.
Keep in mind, this is a test build and likely won’t be the version that is officially rolled out by Verizon. Those who aren’t keen on customizing their device might want to want for the official roll out.
Those who want to dive right into Jelly Bean should make sure to back up their files before installing this update.
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners will want to download the update_jro03o.zip file onto the device’s storage.
- From there, reboot into Recovery mode. Be sure to make a backup just in case something goes haywire.
- Now is a good time to wipe the device’s data and cache.
- At this point, owners will want to “install zip from sdcard” which will mean selecting the zip file that was just downloaded.
- The software will then install, the device will reboot and the Verizon Galaxy Nexus will now be running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
For those that don’t wish to install this test build, unfortunately, we haven’t heard about any release date for the official update. So, for the time being, this is as good as it’s going to get as far as Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is concerned.
4 Reasons Not to Install iOS 13 Beta & 12 Reasons You Should
There are some great reasons to take the iOS 13 beta for a spin. There are also some reasons to...
Madden 20 Editions: Which One Should You Buy
There are three Madden 20 editions available in 2019, with an option to spend up to $100 on the new Madden...