Here’s a look at the new audiobooks on Audible in February 2019, including the exciting arrival of Dead Moon by Peter Clines and a sci-fi comedy audiobook with a full cast that includes Al Yankovic.
Audible is one of my most used apps every week. I love using it to listen to new books while I am driving or doing chores around the house. There’s a very good chance that If I’m not working or doing something with people I have an AirPod in or an iPhone plugged into the car listening to Audible. You can get a free Audible trial now and get two free books. Even if you decide to cancel, you get to keep the books. I listen to enough that I am on a three credit a month plan and I often take advantage of sales to stock up on other titles. Here’s what you need to know before you subscribe to Audible.
Here’s a look at the new Audible releases for February 2019. I’m especially looking forward to Dead Moon by Peter Clines and I may need to check out THe Pole Vault Championship of the Entire Universe as well as some of the free Audible audiobooks for members.
- by James Joyce, performed by Colin Farrell – the Golden Globe winning actor and Dublin native revisits his home country with a moving, authentic performance of one of Irish icon James Joyce’s masterworks.
- by Curtis Sittenfeld, performed by Diane Lane – the New York Times bestselling author creates a sharp-witted and utterly entertaining story about the most complicated and compromising partnership there is – marriage, performed by Academy Award nominated actress Diane Lane, who brings depth, candor, and warmth to this remarkable story about the partners we choose, the secrets we keep, and the compromises we make – or break.
- by Jon Ronson, performed by the author – the creator of the bestselling Audible Original The Butterfly Effect delves into the pornography industry again as he unravels the never-before-told story of what caused a beloved 23-year-old actress’s untimely death. This production has already been called “compelling, thoughtfully assembled, and genuinely moving” by Vulture, and “a fascinating story” by Uproxx.
- by Rebecca Tinker, performed by Kyla Garcia – based on the new Netflix animated series, this production reveals that there’s even more to Carmen Sandiego’s story, looking into not just where – but who – she is.
- by Peter Clines, performed by Ray Porter – the beloved science fiction author returns to his bestselling universe of 14 and The Fold with a thrilling tale of the creature above – and the deadly threat below.
- by David Hasselhoff, performed by the author – a thriller that imagines the secret history of David Hasselhoff and the fall of the Berlin Wall – as told by the Hoff himself. CIA Agent Nick Harper is mistaken for American superstar David Hasselhoff in 1989 Berlin, while the real David Hasselhoff unwittingly finds himself caught up in a dangerous game of cat and mouse.
- by Adam Grant, performed by the author. The bestselling author of Give and Take, Originals, and Option B went to the world Economic Forum in Davos to find out what the world’s most visionary and influential leaders had to say about power – and its transformative role in our society. In interviews with two dozen CEOs, start-up founders, top scientists, and thought leaders – including top executives at Google, GM, Slack, Goldman Sachs and more – Grant shares hard-earned insights on how to succeed in this era of hyper-linked power.
- by Conor Lastowka, performed by a full cast including Al Yankovic, Paul F. Thompkins and more – Audible Originals and RiffTrax present an intergalactic tale of intrigue and Olympic heroism in this multicast sci-fi comedy adventure.
- by Leigh Bardugo, performed by Lauren Fortgang – a new story in the Grishaverse from the New York Times bestselling author whose Shadow and Bone series was recently greenlit by Netflix.
- Kathleen Turner on Acting by Kathleen Turner, performed by the author – an epic and intense one-on-one master class in acting from the best teacher imaginable, the beloved actress dazzles listeners with her shrewd insights on the craft of acting and charming anecdotes from her own career. Touching on each of her roles, she expounds on the lessons she’s learned and describes her journey of discovery in the world of acting.
You can buy Audible audiobooks one at a time, or you can go with a subscription and get credits at cheaper prices and special member prices on books. You also get free audiobooks every month. This month there are six free audiobooks for Audible members including;
- by Lauren Blakely, performed by Zachary Weber and Andi Arndt – get into the Valentine’s Day mood this month with a charming new romantic comedy from the #1 New York Times bestselling author, passionately performed and available exclusively from Audible.
- by Melinda Lopez, performed by the author – the Audible performance of Lopez’s powerful one-woman show, called “a richly layered work. Piercingly honest, exquisitely moving,” by The Boston Globe. Mala irreverently explores how we live, cope, and survive in the moment, dancing between doctors and urgent 911 calls, a mother’s growing frailty, and a daughter’s quest for grace – all set during an epic Boston winter.
- by Danny Robbins, performed by the author – the award-winning journalist takes listeners on a colorful and fascinating road trip back to 1968 to explore the tragic and unlikely friendship that formed between country star Johnny Cash and Glen Sherley, an aspiring songwriter doing time for armed robbery.
- by Jeff Hirsch, performed by Jesse Einstein – the dark YA dystopian mastermind goes interstellar with this first rate middle grade Audible Original.
- by Tony Lee, performed by a full cast – a dramatized story that imagines what would have happened if Dickens had returned to his classic novel and brought the characters back at an older age.
- by Jan Smith, performed by a full cast – this fully dramatized psychological thriller features an immersive soundscape and poses the eternal question: are we born evil, or do we have evil thrust upon us?
You can listen to Audible on your iPhone, Android, Windows and on Amazon devices. You can also listen with Amazon Echo by asking Alexa to play your audiobook. This is a really handy way to listen when you are at home without plugging headphones in.