Building on the Dodge Demon and the success of the Hellcat, Dodge is back with the 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye, an insanely powerful new Hellcat for 2019. Officially known as the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye, here are the things you need to know.
- V-8 Engine with 797 Horsepower and 707 lb.-ft of torque
- Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye 0-60 mph time of 3.4 seconds
- Fastest GT production Car with 1/4 time of 10.8 seconds at 131 miles per hour
- Top speed of 203 miles per hour.
- Estimated 2019 Hellcat Redeye stating price around $70,000
The 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye arrives later this year at dealers. It is not a super-limited run like the Dodge Demon, so you can expect better availability.
We don’t know the 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye price yet. The 2018 Hellcat starts at $64,295 and the Demon starts at $84,995, so you can expect to see pricing start between those models. Signs point to a starting price around $70,000.
The Redeye includes a special Hellcat badge with a red eye in the logo, that signals the influence of the Demon.
The new 2019 Hellcat includes four new standard technology upgrades;
- Launch Assist, which uses wheel speed sensors to watch for driveline-damaging wheel hop at launch and, in milliseconds, modifies the engine torque to regain full grip
- Line Lock, which engages the front brakes to hold the Charger SRT Hellcat stationary, but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires
- After-Run Chiller, which keeps cooling the supercharger/charge air cooler after the engine is shut off
- Torque Reserve, which closes a bypass valve to prefill the supercharger and manages fuel flow and spark advance to balance engine rpm and torque, generates a reserve of torque that is delivered upon acceleration from a standing stop
These come on the Redeye and on the 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat. The Hellcat Redeye comes with 25 major component upgrades including;
- Larger supercharger
- Strengthened connecting rods and pistons
- High-speed valve train, fuel-injection system and improved lubrication system
The new 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye joins the 2019 Challenger lineup that includes a collection of updated models including
- 717 horsepower 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
- 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
- 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
- 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T
- 2019 Dodge Challenger GT RWD
The Widebody is available for the R/T Scat Pack for an aggressive look and the extra grip it delivers.
Additionally we see a new hood design with a retro dual-snorkel hood on hellcat models. This is a throwback to the 60’s and 70’s with functional air intakes.