If your device has been struggling with bugs and/or performance issues on iOS 12, iOS 13.1.1, iOS 13.1, or iOS 13.0, think about giving iOS 13.1.2 a shot.
iOS 13.1.2 brings the following changes with it:
- Fixes a bug where the progress bar for iCloud Backup could continue to show after a successful backup.
- Fixes an issue where Camera may not work.
- Addresses an issue where the flashlight may not activate.
- Fixes a bug that could result in a loss of display calibration data.
- Fixes an issue where shortcuts could not be run from HomePod.
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth may disconnect on certain vehicles.
If you are dealing with any of these problems, you should upgrade right away.
If you skipped iOS 13.1.1, its bug fixes are baked into your iOS 13.1.2 update. The list includes:
- Fix for issues that could prevent iPhone restoring from backup.
- Fix for an issue that could cause battery to drain more quickly.
- Fix for an issue that could impact recognition of Siri requests on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- Fix for a problem where Safari search suggestions may re-enable after turning them off.
- Fix for an issue that could cause Reminders to sync slowly.
If you skipped iOS 13.1, you get its fixes with your iOS 13.1.2 update.
The iOS 13.1 update brought a long list of bug fixes with it. Here's the full list of changes on board:
- Addresses issues in Mail that could cause incorrect download counts, missing senders and subjects, difficulty selecting or flagging threads, duplicate notifications or overlapping fields
- Fixes an issue in Mail that may prevent background downloading of email messages
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Memoji from correctly tracking facial expressions in Messages
- Fixes an issue where photos might not display in the Messages details view
- Fixes an issue in Reminders that prevented some users from sharing iCloud lists
- Resolves an issue in Notes where Exchange notes may not show up in search results
- Addresses an issue in Calendar where birthday events could appear multiple times
- Addresses an issue that could prevent third-party sign in screens from appearing in the Files app
- Fixes an issue that could cause Camera orientation to appear rotated when swiping to it from the Lock screen
- Addresses an issue that could cause the display to sleep while interacting with the Lock screen
- Resolves issues where app icons could appear as blank or as a different app on the Home screen
- Resolves an issue that could prevent supported wallpapers from switching appearances when changing between Light and Dark modes
- Addresses stability issues when signing out of iCloud from Passwords & Accounts in Settings
- Fixes an issue where signing in to update Apple ID settings could fail repeatedly
- Fixes an issue that could prevent the device from vibrating when connecting to a charger
- Addresses an issue that could cause people and groups in the Share Sheet to appear blurred
- Fixes an issue that could prevent alternate words from displaying when tapping on a misspelled word
- Resolves an issue where multilingual typing could stop working
- Addresses an issue that could prevent switching back to the QuickType keyboard after using a third-party keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could prevent the edit menu from appearing when selecting text
- Fixes an issue where Siri may not read Messages in CarPlay
- Addresses an issue that could prevent sending a message using third party messaging apps in CarPlay
New versions of iOS have also been known to fix unlisted issues.
iOS 13.1.2 could fix performance issues like severe battery drain, busted Wi-Fi connectivity, UI lag, Bluetooth problems, random reboots, lockups and freezes, and various issues with first-party applications.
If you skipped one of Apple's iOS 12 updates, you will get additional bug fixes with your version of iOS 13.1.2.
iOS 12.4.1 didn't bring any bug fixes, but iOS 12.4 included a security fix for the Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch. It also re-enabled Walkie-Talkie functionality.
Apple's iOS 12.3.1 update brought a fix for an issue that could prevent making or receiving VoLTE calls, a fix for issues in Messages that could cause messages from unknown senders to appear in your conversation list even though Filter Unknown Senders is enabled, and a fix for an issue that could prevent the Report Junk link from appearing in Messages threads from unknown senders.
For more on iOS 12's bug fixes, take a look at our guide.