Of course a big question for any potential buyer is the specs, features, and other things. These are two impressive phones with a lot to offer, but it's hard to choose on vs the other unless you know the facts, and know what you're getting. Lets get started.
DROID Turbo 2 Specs
- 5.43-inch 2560 x 1440 Quad-HD “Shatter-proof display”
- 8-core Snapdragon 810 Processor with 3GB of RAM
- 32 and 64GB storage options, micro-SD card expansion
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 21 Megapixel rear and 5 megapixel front camera (front flash too)
- 3,760 mAh Battery with Turbo & Wireless Charging
- Dual front-facing speakers
- Re-enforced metal frame around the display
- Plastic-OLED display tech so display can’t break if dropped
- Customizable on Motorola.com
Moto X Pure Edition Specs
- 5.7-inch 2560 x 1440 Quad-HD Display
- 6-core Snapdragon 808 processor with 3GB of RAM
- 16/32/64 GB of Storage with a Micro-SD slot for expandable storage
- 21 Megapixel F2.0 Rear and 5 Megapixel Front Camera (front and rear LED flash)
- 4k Video, HDR Video, Slo-Mo Video and more
- Pure stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Dual Stereo Sound front speakers
- Aluminum Design
- 3,000 mAh battery with the world’s fastest “TurboPower” charging
- Unlocked with Universal 4G LTE (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc.)
- Water-repellent coating
- Customization with Rubber, Wood, Leather, Metallic Accents & more)
As you can see there are a few differences that makes the DROID Turbo 2 obviously the better phone. In fact, it's quite possibly the best smartphone released in 2015, although it likely won't beat out devices like the Galaxy S6 or Note 5.
The DROID Turbo 2 has a much bigger battery, which is a trend for recent DROID devices. It also has a more powerful 8-core processor, wireless charging, and a smaller screen with the same high resolution. This means it will be more powerful, last longer and more while videos and games look better on the 5.43-inch display.
That said, the Moto X is still an excellent phone, and has plenty of power while keeping the price down. This, will be a major factor moving forward.