Key Bug Fixes
The Fallout 1.4 patch doesn't come with a zillion bug fixes like the last patch but the fixes it does bring are important.
The list includes a fix for that pesky Kellogg desk issue during Getting a Clue, a fix for Rank 4 of Demolition Expert perk, improvements to the Scounger perk, and a fix for a Vault 81 problem that I, and many others, ran into.
After entering Vault 81, Calvin vanished. This was/is pretty annoying given that I know he gives out a quest. The 1.4 patch fixes this for good.
It's an excellent mix of fixes and there are several that should have you excited about the 1.4 update's arrival for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Here's the full list:
- During "Getting a Clue" quest, Kellogg's desk will remain a working container
- During "Rocket's Red Glare", resolved issue where companions could not be dismissed after completing the quest
- Fixed an issue with "Kremvh's Tooth" quest item not spawning properly
- Fixed an issue with screen effects not clearing away properly after using a scope
- Fixed an issue with trying to sprint while in third person with a minigun equipped
- Rank 4 of Demolition Expert perk now properly increases the area effect of explosives
- Fixed an issue where Calvin Whitaker would disappear in Vault 81
- Fixed an issue where Ninja and Sandman perks combined would apply the incorrect damage bonus
- Fixed an issue where Rank 3 of Grim Reaper's Sprint did not fill critical meter properly
- Fixed an issue with key cards not spawning correctly in Vault 75
- Fixed an issue where enemies would stop spawning during "Airship Down"
- Being in first person while wearing power armor and quickly switching weapons will no longer cause the Pip-Boy to be stuck
- Fixed an issue with the autosave counter getting incorrectly reset
- Fixed issue that would cause the Pip-Boy menu to turn invisible while swimming
- Fixed an issue where scrapping larger quantities of a single item would inadvertently scrap a legendary item
- Fixed issue where exiting workbenches would cause third person to stop working properly
- The Scribe can now be assigned consecutive settlements properly
- Fixed issue with duplicating scraps shipments
- Fixed issue with vendors not properly exchanging caps after several consecutive transactions in a row
- Fixed issue with the quicksave and autosave message persisting through loading screens
- Fixed an issue where updating to the latest patch would cause Options settings to reset back to default (Xbox One)
- Fixed an issue with loading save with a placed object in water, not properly floating.
One thing I should note is that there is no fix for the broken Tina De Luca quest. You still can't recruit her for your settlement if you pass the check. I was hoping this would be fixed but it appears that we'll have to wait another day.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.