We know the newer phone is a little better and faster, but here's more information for those interested.
Galaxy S10+ Specs
- 6.4-inch 3040 x 1440 Quad-HD AMOLED Curved Display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 or Samsung Exynos Processor
- 128, 512 or 1TB of internal storage (MicroSD slot included)
- 8GB of RAM or 12GB on Ceramic model
- Android 9 Pie with Samsung One UI
- Triple Rear Cameras: 12, 13, 16MP (Regular variable aperture, telephoto, and super wide-angle) Main 12MP Dual Pixel will still have OIS, 960 FPS slo-mo, and more
- Dual 8-10MP front-facing camera inside the screen (top right corner)
- In-Display ultrasonic fingerprint scanner under the glass near the bottom (similar to past fingerprint scanner placements)
- IP68 dust & water resistance (5ft for 30 minutes)
- 4,100 mAh battery with Fast & Faster Wireless Charging
- Always-On Display, 3D Emoji (like animoji)
- Samsung Pay, Bixby Virtual Assistant, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, more
Galaxy Note 9 Specs
- 6.4-inch 2960 x 1440 Quad-HD Curved Infinity AMOLED Display
- Snapdragon 845 Processor with 6-8GB of RAM
- 128 or 512GB storage options (512GB is available with 8GB RAM model)
- Android 8.1 Oreo or Samsung One UI on Android 9
- Dual 12MP Rear Cameras with variable aperture, IOS, 960 FPS Slow-mo, more
- 8MP Front Selfie Camera with Portrait Mode & Improved AR Emoji
- Stereo Speaker tuned by AKG
- 4,000 mAh battery with fast and wireless charging
- IP68 Dust & Water-resistance
- USB Type-C, Bixby 2.0, Bixby AI, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Heart-rate sensor, Face Unlock, Iris Scanning
- S-Pen with Bluetooth, New Features, etc
As you can see, the Galaxy S10+ has a higher resolution screen, more cameras, a bigger battery, and more RAM for better performance. It also has USF3.0, WiFi 6 protocols, and other advancements throughout. You're also getting a newer processor and dual front-facing cameras.
These two phones are pretty close in specs and features, but the Galaxy S10+ does beat it out.
However, you also get an S-Pen stylus with the Galaxy Note 9, which some people absolutely love. The S-Pen opens up new options, features, apps, and even works as a remote control to pause/play videos or presentations, snap photos and more. It's pretty neat.