Now that the first viewers have watched it, you need to be on the lookout for Avengers: Endgame spoilers. We’ll show you how to block spoilers on Facebook, Twitter and share an important warning about unsolicited private messages on all social media.
Last night in Hollywood the first official showing of Avengers: Endgame took place with a red carpet event and the first showings for normal viewers like you and me start on April 26th.
If you can’t see it on opening night, or if you just need to make sure nothing is ruined this week, or this weekend.
How to Block Avengers: Endgame Spoilers on Twitter
Twitter is the easiest place to block Avengers: Endgame spoilers since they include tools to mute keywords across the service and in third party apps.
- To get started go to Twitter or open the Twitter app.
- In the app tap on your Profile photo.
- Tap on Settings and privacy.
- Tap on Content preferences.
- Tap on Muted.
- Tap on Muted Words.
- Tap Add.
- Add one word and choose where to Mute it from and then the length of time. Then tap save.
Type in words relating to the movie such as; Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame spoilers, Thanos, Infinity Stones, Hulk, #AvengersEndgame and others.
If you use an app like Tweetbot, or another third-party option, you will need to mute in that app.
How to Block Avengers: Endgame Spoilers on Facebook
It’s tougher to block Avengers: Endgame spoilers on Facebook, but you can do this easily on your computer with Social Fixer. This will not carry over into the Facebook app.
Download the right version of Social Fixer for your browser below.
This will walk you through installing the plugin, which should only take a few seconds. You will need to agree and likely click several times depending on your browser.
You can either hide Avengers: Endgame posts on Facebook or filter them out into a separate tab. If you want to make sure you don’t see spoilers, you may want to go with the hide option.
- Click on the icon on Facebook and then on Social Fixer Settings.
- Click on Filters
- Click on Create a New Filter
- Give the Filter a Name
- Copy and paste this into the field without the quotes: “Avengers|Avengers endgame|Avengers: Endgame|Endgame|Thanos|Marvel|iron man|spider man|captain marvel|ant man| black widow| the wasp|natasha romanoff”
- Choose if you want to block partial words or the phrases as a whole.
- Click on Done Editing Filter and enjoy Facebook free of spoilers.
We chose the keywords that will likely appear in headlines and in posts about the episodes. We included the first three episode names as those will likely be key to what people are posting about as well.
Watch Out for DMs and Private Messages
When it comes to spoilers, some trolls like to send spoilers as DMs or private messages on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Twitter, Reddit and other social networks.
If you get a DM from an unknown source on any platform, avoid reading it before you see Avengers: Endgame.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out and new info starting to emerge, we want to take you...
Is Hulu Worth It? 10 Things You Need to Know in 2020
Is Hulu Worth it? We’ll help you decide with a look at what you need to know before you sign...