While specs on a piece of paper don't mean much to average buyers, they are important. Top-tier specs ensure a good experience, and both of these phones will deliver that. However, the V30 has the latest and greatest. The G6 is still great, but it isn't using the latest processor technology. Here's the info for those interested.
LG V30 Specs (Rumored)
- 6-inch 2880 x 1440 Quad-HD OLED Display
- Snapdragon 835 Processor with 4GB of RAM
- 64/128GB storage options, micro-SD slot expansion
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat (Soon after Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Dual 16 and 13 Megapixel Rear cameras. f/1.6 aperture, wide-angle and more
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3,300 mAh battery with Fast and Wireless Charging
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- IP68 Dust and Water Resistance up to 5ft
- 32-bit Quad DAC for improved audio
- Secondary display is now software based, not built-in
- USB Type-C port, 3.5mm headphone jack, Always-On Display, more
The LG V30 has 6 months of technology advancements inside of it. The latest processor for improved battery life, smooth performance, and better gaming. The camera is even a 16 Megapixel lens with a new f/1.6 aperture that's one of the best on the market, or should be.
LG G6 Specs
- 5.7-inch 2880 x 1440 QHD+ IPS Display 18:9 aspect ratio
- Snapdragon 821 Processor with 4GB of RAM
- 32GB of storage and microSD card support
- Android 7 Nougat with LG UI
- Dual Rear 13MP cameras -- one is a wide angle camera
- 5MP Front Camera with OIS and wide-angle
- Fingerprint Scanner
- 3,300 mAh battery with Wireless Charging, Quick Charge, etc
- USB Type-C Port, Always-On Display, 3.5mm headphone jack
- IP68 Dust & Water Resistance
- Premium Design
As you can see the LG G6 has an older processor, only 32GB of RAM, and doesn't deliver a Quad-DAC for improved audio performance. That doesn't mean it isn't good, it just means the V30 is better in a few areas.
Both phones are still extremely powerful and will handle most tasks with ease, but for those wanting the latest and greatest, the V30 is the answer. You'll also notice they have the same size battery, so technically the G6 should get better battery life based on the size of the screen.