Another important area for potential buyers is the specs and features of a phone. Luckily, these devices have similar specs across the board. In almost every single aspect.
Here's the spec sheet for those interested.
OnePlus 6T Specs
- 6.4-inch 2340 x 1080p Full HD Optic AMOLED Display
- Snapdragon 845 Processor with 6-8GB of RAM (Same processor as S9+/ Pixel 3)
- 128 or 256GB of storage, no microSD slot
- Dual 16MP camera + 20MP Rear Camera (f/1.7 aperture, OIS, EIS, 4K) Finally, optical image stabilization
- 20 Megapixel f/2.0 front-facing selfie camera
- Android 9 Pie
- Screen Fingerprint Unlock, Fast Face Unlock, more
- 3,700 mAh battery with Super Fast Charging (Dash, Warp, etc)
- BT 5.0, NFC, 4G LTE, alert slider, NO 3.5mm headphone jack
- and more
As you can see, the new OnePlus 6T packs quite the punch. From a bigger screen, more RAM, more storage, fancy specs like the fingerprint scanner and all-day battery life.
Galaxy S9 and S9+ Specs
- 5.8 or 6.2-inch 2560 x 1440 Quad-HD Curved Infinity AMOLED Display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with 6GB of RAM
- 64GB of internal storage with microSD expansion
- Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsung TouchWiz
- 12 Dualpixel Rear Camera - OIS, phase detection auto-focus, f/1.5-2.4 variable aperture lens, 4K, more (Galaxy S9+ has TWO 12MP cameras on the back)
- 8 megapixel front camera with autofocus
- Fingerprint and Iris Scanners
- IP68 dust & water resistance
- 3,000 or 3,500 mAh battery with wireless charging
- Always-On Display
- Samsung Pay
- USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, Bixby AI, more
Basically, the OnePlus 6T can match Samsung almost across the board while delivering decent cameras, smaller bezels, more RAM, and an in-display fingerprint sensor. That futuristic mission impossible fingerprint scanner is pretty neat. Not to mention the base model has 128GB of storage, not 64GB.
Plus, the OnePlus 6T has an even bigger 3,700 mAh battery. However, the OnePlus doesn't have expandable storage, wireless charging, water-resistance, or a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Those trade-offs will give people a tough choice to make. Especially now that you can find the Galaxy S9 for around $600, making it roughly the same price as the OnePlus 6T. Good luck.