Are you cutting the cord and switching to Hulu with Live TV? Are you just trying to get Hulu Live TV set up on the other rooms in your house now that everyone is stuck at home? If so, you may soon find out that your Smart TV can play standard Hulu streaming, but you cannot watch Hulu Live TV on it.
Many older smart TVs don’t support Hulu Live TV streaming, and even with newer models, you can only get this on new models from LG, Samsung, and Vizio SmartCast TVs.
If you don’t have one of these Smart TVs, you will need to plug something into your TV to watch live TV on the Hulu app. There are a lot of different options that will let you do this, but the best bet is to go with one of three devices. That is unless you already own a device that works with Hulu for Live TV streaming.
Why Doesn’t Hulu with Live TV Work on All TVs?
When my neighbors switched to Hulu with Live TV from Spectrum they asked me why the live TV streaming doesn’t work on their Smart TV. There are two Hulu apps, the Classic and the newest one. If your TV is older, with a slower processor and other limitations it can’t run the new Hulu app, so it can only stream on-demand options.
Read: FuboTV vs Hulu+ Live TV
Best Ways to Add Hulu with Live TV to Your TV
The best way to add Hulu with Live TV support to your current TV is to buy a Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick or an Apple TV.
Any of these options will get you the latest Smart TV features and the latest Hulu app with Live TV support.
The Roku and Fire TV Stick options are very cheap and great for a bedroom or second room. You can even take it with you when you travel or move one from room to room. They are cheap enough that it’s fairly easy to add one to each TV though.
With the Apple TV, you get a few other options like the ability to play games, mirror your iPhone and you get access to the movies you’ve purchased from iTunes. It really depends on what other devices you use and what other media you want.
- Our most powerful streaming media stick.
- Enjoy brilliant picture with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+.
- Alexa Voice Remote lets you use your voice to search and launch shows across apps. Plus, control power and volume on your TV and soundbar with a single remote.
- Home theater audio with Dolby Atmos - Feel scenes come to life with immersive Dolby Atmos audio on select titles with compatible home audio systems.
- Tens of thousands of channels, Alexa skills, and apps - Including Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV, and HBO Max. Subscription fees may apply.
If you are looking to upgrade, you can check out the Vizio M Series 4K TVs that are priced very reasonably and offer a ton of features.
Last update on 2020-12-15. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.